“Beware a week-end visit”

Cattlemen's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Selma
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoy the food and service often--just not on a Friday or Saturday night. The food is usually excellent, but on a recent Saturday night, it was disappointing. The staff was too busy to give good service & they actually said they had run out of glasses & silverware, so the wait between courses was long. We saw several people with clip-boards continually making notes--they should have brought water refills instead! Go on a week night & you should have a better experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommended by a friend who spoke highly about it .. So I booked a party of 10 for my husbands birthday it was a disaster ! They gave us a very small table and when we asked for a bigger one the server immediately said they can not accomodate it sorry she didn't even walk away to ask her mind was already set ... It wasn't until we complained a little about elbow room did she come back & say ok we can add a table! Overall our server who I think was named Bernadette was rude, inexperienced with large parties & didn't seem to enjoy accommodating us. Then she was "confused" and assumed we hadn't paid our bar bill and accusingly asked if we used a different name over there! I was very upset that I had to get up from our dinner party to clear up the mistake!

Finally we ordered and honestly the food was just OK! Nothing to write home about I was really mad when I asked for very well done NO pink on my steak & guess what half if my steak was pink ! Gross I hardly ate!! My husband said his steak was cold !

We dropped $90 just between the two of us & we had 10 in our party so you figure we spent altogether almost $500 on dinner & drinks and the service SUCKED!!!

I will not go back & if I could be compensated for my night I would gladly accept my money back in a heartbeat so that I could take my husband to Yosemite ranch for good service & HOT food!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

restaurant is styled in a western motif. Service is good. I like that there's a second server that brings drink refills around every so often. All meals come with all you can eat green salad and hot freshly baked bread. But the steak is to die for. Never have I eaten one so tasty. I had every cut they offer. Porterhouse is the best. T bone is great and on nights when I don't want to pay for the fancy cuts. I have the Petes special. Oh it's so good. I love a side of sauted mushrooms on the side too. Sorry I can't say anything about the desserts. I'm always too full to have some. There is no cash register so you pay the waiter. Remember never use your ATM card. Pay with cash or credit. Me and my family really love eating here. You will too

Reviewed September 7, 2012

When you are in the mood for lots of beef, go to Cattleman's. You will not be disappointed. The all you can eat salad and bread are also well done.

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Went here for dinner and had a great meal. The prices were good and the service was great. I definitely would reccomend going here. Make sure you arrive here hungry because you are given large portions!