“Second night of road trip”

BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Selma
Sidney, Canada
“Second night of road trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had spent our first night at the Seven Feathers in Canyonville, Oregon and were more than pleased! For our second night on the road, we decided to take whatever came along that was clean and reasonable. It was around 10 on a Sunday night when we pulled in to the Colonial, and I was very happy to find a room with 2 beds. We were very warmly greeted, and in spite of the hour, were offered use of the pool which was so refreshing. The room itself was super clean and more than adequate. A good continental breakfast in the morning, which even had hard boiled eggs for me as I am gluten-free. The folks who run this place are just darn nice, forget about the flat screen and the fridge and microwave, these people make you want to return! And a good price, too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed re: our overnight stay, room average with minimum amenities. A/C-heater on/off made it difficult to sleep. No A/C in hallway, lobby or eating area which made the environment very hot and one did not want to spend time there, only minimal foods provided for the $90+ fee. The TV/remote barely worked. The design is not conducive for guest use, appears to be a "cheap" type that BW provided for all their lodging places. We would never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the side of I-5--sounds like a racetrack all night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank patientrep

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

Long Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stopped here for a night on our way through the Central Valley. The room was nice and clean with a big King size bed and a flat screen tv. The bathroom was really big with a shower and tub. Overall we had a great stay at this Best Western hotel and will definitely stay again when back in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is actually a very nice Hotel. Check-in was fast.

My room was quite large, and very nice. Exceptionally clean with brand new condition furniture. Microwave & Fridge. Large Flat Screen with 30 channels and a crystal clear picture. Thermostat controlled heat / AC which was effective and quiet. Microwave and fridge. Work desk which was well lit, and had convenient electrical outlets. The free internet connection was fast and reliable.

Bathroom was fairly large with plenty of hot water, and good water pressure.

The bed was very comfortable, and I got a great nights sleep.

Free breakfast with hot & cold items.

Plenty of food and shopping near by.

Nothing wrong here. I’ll return on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

In the past seven to eight years I have stayed at the Colonial Inn almost every month on my business trips. I find the "staff" very friendly and happy to see me, and will go the extra mile to make my stay an enjoyable one. I have always found my room clean and enjoy the flat screen tv. A good value for the area and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

The room was decent for an inn. I was looking for a BW plus in the area but there were none around. It's a mom and pop hotel and they were good people. I asked to be placed on the top floor and for some reason didn't get that, so I went back down and they were able to change my room to the top floor. There were no towels in my room and so they grabbed some from the room next door.
Breakfast was okay. I don't know if it follows with BW standards.
It was very noisy as right next to the highway. It was in a shopping area which made things easy if we needed something.

Room Tip: Room away from highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fowler
Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!