“Best Place to Stay in Fresno County.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court

Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Selma
“Best Place to Stay in Fresno County.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I sincerely enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. The housekeeping was superb! The free wi-fi was very reliable. The on site restaurant was very good and the pea soup was wonderful! Lastly, I left an expensive item in the room by mistake when I checked out. I was notified quickly. However, I had already left town to catch my flight home and was unable to come back. The item was shipped to me in perfect condition a few days later. Thanks so much Mary, Samantha, and Natalie! Your honesty, integrity, and professionalism is inspiring! I will always stay at this hotel when I visit Selma.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Valerie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I highly recommend it. The hotel is nice, clean, and provides great customer service. They also include (real) free breakfast and starbucks coffee with your stay. Everything in the room appears to be updated.

I did have an issue with the room, it was not cleaned but they immediately moved me to another room. They also compensated me with a free movie.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I always request certain rooms whenever I travel. They provided everything I asked for.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
swancourt1, Manager at Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know you were pleased with your recent stay.
'We strive to provide the best service in the hotel industry.
We look forward to your quick return.
Lauri
SF Bay area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We selected this hotel from the web & photographs. It has affordable rates and appeared to meet our needs. I will say the Staff was the best element in our stay. The rooms are in need of updating, and the general lay out resembles a rabbit warren. The worst part was the bathroom; the tub did not drain and the handles to get hot water were not working properly. Our room's window was blocked by the wall of a wing; we could only see out a portion of our window. We would not stay again; I would recommend checking out other options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
You are such a valued guest and we are so apologetic that you were not pleased with your recent stay. As you can see by our by our many stellar reviews this is not a normal experience for our guests.
We insist you revisit us soon and I will personally see that we show you why this Holiday Inn has the highest guest service and satisfaction scores in the entire western region.
Please call the hotel and ask for the General Manager, Lauri. I will personally oversee your next stay.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Never had a problem with noisy guests or incidents. This works for me, being a writer. I love it! Occasionally you'll hear a train late at night or early morning but that's to be expected given the area( Central California). This hotel is conveniently located near a few good restaurants, Denny's especially because it's kid-friendly. Kettleman's Steakhouse is just up the street, and the delicious mom and pop café McCoy's is less than 5 minutes away. There's a shopping center across the street with a Food Warehouse, Office Depot or Staples ( I can't remember) and a variety of other little fast food joints. There's the Sunshine Express Train which the kids seem to enjoy AND they have a heated pool. The staff is very accommodating and friendly as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed driving up to the european facade of the restraunt and hotel complete with a windmill, and a pond with a train track around it, flanked by a gazebo, and sporting live swans! The rooms were nicely furnished. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very helpful. There were cookies in the afternoon, and coffee and scones in the morning at the hotel, and a 10 dollar off coupon for breakfast with kids eating free. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very nice, clean, staff is very friendly and willing to help in anyway possible. I had the pleasure of speaking with Samantha. She was very friendly, happy, funny, and really listened and understood her job. She went above and beyond to help us with our situation and came to a conclusion that we all agreed to and are very happy. Thank you again for all you did to make our stay perfect. We will stay here again and will let our friends know.

Room Tip: The King Suite is the way to go.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Merced, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stay here when I have business that splits my travel between Fresno and Visalia. Many have commented on the hotel's typical HI style.This hotel has been remodeled and maintained nicely. Spacious room, nice linens, pillows and towels. Reasonable and courteous staff. Close proximity to a restaurant, which is still patronized by locals. Eateries and freeway close by. WIFI was free and usable. $10 voucher for each room for breakfast/breakfast bar at the Spike and Rail. Swimming pool. Coffee and scones are available in the morning, cookies in the afternoon. Good price.

Increased traffic on highway 99 does make many of the rooms noisy. I typically request a room on the west side, or non-freeway side. 9/10 stays here have been on good quality beds/mattresses, however a recent stay in a room with a king bed was on the 1/10 "just okay" mattress, sleep experience. I am assuming (or hoping) that it is probably in turn for a replacement. All-in-all, I am planning to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper levels and on the west side are quieter. South facing rooms can be hotter in the summ...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fowler
Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg
BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court? Share your experiences!