Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court
Reedley Inn(Reedley)(Great Value!)
$60
Hotel Burgess(Reedley)
$76
All reviewskoi fishwestern usafront desksplit peaone nightnice pool arearoad noisenice hotelon site restaurantcomfortable stayroom was clean and comfortablefree wifibathroom doorgreat roomroom ratemini fridgebusiness trip
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I had gone to Sacramento for a family affair. We we leaving late afternoon Saturday. We could have made the 6 hour trip home, but wanted to just get at least halfway home. We were looking at different hotels, and decided on Selma, as my husband's favorite restaurant is Cattlemen's, and there is no Cattlemen's where we live. We booked the Holiday Inn through Priceline. However, upon reading reviews, I saw there were suites at this hotel. I decided to ask how much it would be to upgrade to a suite. The front desk clerk said it would be a little tricky to upgrade since we had made our reservation through Priceline. However, he spent a lot of time and effort making sure we got the room we wanted. Every time we saw him throughout the night, he was very friendly and told us if we needed anything, to call the front desk. We went with a mini suite on the third floor, facing away from the freeway. Upon walking into the room, we were very impressed. It was very clean, big, and beautiful. It had a very interesting round window, to which we found we were the only room that had it. I had read about the black swans, and couldn't wait to see them. The garden/pond area where the swans were was beautiful. And the swans were fantastic. I have never seen black swans before and they were beautiful, along with with the koi fish. After a wonderful dinner at Cattlemen's, we came back with left over bread from dinner for the swans. I didn't feel comfortable feeding them without asking the front desk clerk first. He said bread was fine, and the swans would love it. We had a blast feeding the swans. They did indeed love the bread, and followed us everywhere along the perimeter of the pond. We sat outside on the Benches/tables provided in the pond area, and played a game. It was beautiful. We got a good night's sleep. We were given a voucher for $10 off breakfast at their restaurant, or the fancy Starbucks. We opted for the fancy Starbucks, since we had to get on the road. It was great! I got a full breakfast sandwich on sourdough bread that was very big and yummy, along with Starbucks coffee. My husband got the fancy oatmeal and really enjoyed it. We would definitely stay again, and would love to stay for more than one night and enjoy the property and pool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor away from the freeway are much quieter. We walked to the rooms on the other side of the hotel, and even on the third floor, the freeway noise was very loud.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank lorib435
swancourt1, Manager at Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

It was our pleaseure to serve you. We look forward to your return isit

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night while driving from Reno to Yuma and couldn't have been happier. It's close enough to the 5 to be convenient yet far enough to where there was no road noise. There is a gas station in the parking lot which is super convenient, however it closes at night and they shut the pumps off which was a bit odd. The room was clean and fresh with a comfy bed and quality linens. The bathroom was well stocked with all sorts of amenities. When I booked the place, I honestly didn't even notice it was a regular Holiday Inn. I figured it would just be a HIEX. My mistake, however the downside to this was that they do not have a free breakfast on site. They gave some coupons to nearby places, but being in a hurry I didn't make use of them. While I can't fault them on anything, I would probably stay somewhere else next time that includes a free breakfast on site.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jetsgopro

It was a pleasure to serve you. Thank you for your kind words. Our team works hard to ensure your stay is excellent.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Traveling with my family of 6, the unit was furnished and decorated very nice, but a bit cramped compared to other suites we booked on our road trip. One bathroom is a challenge on bath night with 4 kids. The hotel exterior is Tudor style with a windmill out front. There are black swans and a small train which goes around the back of the hotel. The kids had a great time cooling off in the outside pool, which was also done very well with artificial rock walls. Kids eat free at the on-site hotel. Dinner was pretty good, but breakfast was better. Even if the kids were not free, they were only $5 each for dinner and I believe $4 for breakfast. Having 4 kids this was a really nice benefit. Not knowing Selma was the raisin capital of the world, we were surprised to be greeted by the tallest dancing raisin as soon as we walked in the door of the restaurant. The folks working the front desk were not super friendly, but the other folks I encountered were very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TikiGoon

Thank you. Very uniques is such a wonderful comment.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Its folks like you that help us get our local BEST OF THE BEST status.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good service, nice amenities, and swans. What's not t like? OK, the location is nothing to write home about but it's safe to assume nobody is there for the location. Didn't try the pool but it looked nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K C
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stay there for business. I would like to stay for pleasure. Top notch staff, friendly and very helpful. Great Restaurant next door for using breakfast coupon and nightly for their superbly cooked, fresh daily, ribs. Beds are the best. This hotel is always my first choice when traveling to Fresno area.

Room Tip: Rooms to the West are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business