New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court

Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Selma
Frederick, Maryland
“Very Unique Holliday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Traveling with my family of 6, the unit was furnished and decorated very nice, but a bit cramped compared to other suites we booked on our road trip. One bathroom is a challenge on bath night with 4 kids. The hotel exterior is Tudor style with a windmill out front. There are black swans and a small train which goes around the back of the hotel. The kids had a great time cooling off in the outside pool, which was also done very well with artificial rock walls. Kids eat free at the on-site hotel. Dinner was pretty good, but breakfast was better. Even if the kids were not free, they were only $5 each for dinner and I believe $4 for breakfast. Having 4 kids this was a really nice benefit. Not knowing Selma was the raisin capital of the world, we were surprised to be greeted by the tallest dancing raisin as soon as we walked in the door of the restaurant. The folks working the front desk were not super friendly, but the other folks I encountered were very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TikiGoon
swancourt1, Manager at Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you. Very uniques is such a wonderful comment.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Its folks like you that help us get our local BEST OF THE BEST status.

Hope to see you soon,
Lauri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good service, nice amenities, and swans. What's not t like? OK, the location is nothing to write home about but it's safe to assume nobody is there for the location. Didn't try the pool but it looked nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank K C
Cedarville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stay there for business. I would like to stay for pleasure. Top notch staff, friendly and very helpful. Great Restaurant next door for using breakfast coupon and nightly for their superbly cooked, fresh daily, ribs. Beds are the best. This hotel is always my first choice when traveling to Fresno area.

Room Tip: Rooms to the West are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FrankH208
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night to break the trip between Las Vegas and San Francisco. Would like to have stayed another night but..
Hotel is set in gardens withfishponds and fountains which gives it a tranquil feel - except that it is situated next to a busy road, the noise from which kept us awake most of the night. Ask for a room facing away from the road.
Rooms are a good size with comfortable matresses and pillows. Bathroom also a good size with a powerful shower. Meals in the adjacent bar/restaurant are reasonably priced for a large hotel. Would certainly recommend another visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Tazmaniac
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here 1 night as part of a tour. A beautiful well appointed room with all amenities, one of the nicest that we have stayed in during our tour.
We would recommend this hotel for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank greatobealive
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our company recently booked a large group to stay at this facility. Not only were our travelers very impressed with the accommodations, the group rate was fantastic and booking was easy. We were also offered a dining credit for each day of our stay. The group had only positive things to say about the cleanliness of the establishment and the friendliness of the staff. If you are staying in Selma area, this is a fabulous and affordable option.

We will definitely be booking reservations at this hotel for our group travels in the area. Thank you for providing excellence service and a wonderful place to stay during our adventure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MKirby85
Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had stayed at this location before and loved the place. I needed to take another two week work trip and left on a Sunday evening to drive for my first stop in Selma. By the time I got there I was tired and was looking forward to the nice room I had
the last time I visited. When I got there I was given a small room on the first floor and it wasn't the warm home feeling I had the first time I visited. I was staying three nights and going out of my way to drive to appointments just so I could stay at this location. To say the least I was disappointed and unhappy. The clerk didn't seem to care or even try to make any changes.
I said very little because I am not one to make a scene or get real upset.

The next day when I came back from my appt. I was talking with Kara at the desk and mentioned my experience with the clerk the night before. Kara mentioned it to Natalie and they insisted I move to another room. Natalie came to my room and helped me move my things. I told her my day Sunday was really one of the hardest I had in a long time and I was looking forward to the stay and maybe I was just so tired I was blowing it out of proportion. She said their job was to make the guests comfortable
and enjoy their stay.

I was surprised as to how the move to a larger room with a nice desk to work at made a big difference in how I felt and it did make me feel better. The rest of my time at this location was very pleasant like I had remembered the last time I was there.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay somewhere is the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 13 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 599 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court? Share your experiences!