“Beautiful rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Selma
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Beautiful rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here 1 night as part of a tour. A beautiful well appointed room with all amenities, one of the nicest that we have stayed in during our tour.
We would recommend this hotel for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank greatobealive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our company recently booked a large group to stay at this facility. Not only were our travelers very impressed with the accommodations, the group rate was fantastic and booking was easy. We were also offered a dining credit for each day of our stay. The group had only positive things to say about the cleanliness of the establishment and the friendliness of the staff. If you are staying in Selma area, this is a fabulous and affordable option.

We will definitely be booking reservations at this hotel for our group travels in the area. Thank you for providing excellence service and a wonderful place to stay during our adventure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MKirby85
Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had stayed at this location before and loved the place. I needed to take another two week work trip and left on a Sunday evening to drive for my first stop in Selma. By the time I got there I was tired and was looking forward to the nice room I had
the last time I visited. When I got there I was given a small room on the first floor and it wasn't the warm home feeling I had the first time I visited. I was staying three nights and going out of my way to drive to appointments just so I could stay at this location. To say the least I was disappointed and unhappy. The clerk didn't seem to care or even try to make any changes.
I said very little because I am not one to make a scene or get real upset.

The next day when I came back from my appt. I was talking with Kara at the desk and mentioned my experience with the clerk the night before. Kara mentioned it to Natalie and they insisted I move to another room. Natalie came to my room and helped me move my things. I told her my day Sunday was really one of the hardest I had in a long time and I was looking forward to the stay and maybe I was just so tired I was blowing it out of proportion. She said their job was to make the guests comfortable
and enjoy their stay.

I was surprised as to how the move to a larger room with a nice desk to work at made a big difference in how I felt and it did make me feel better. The rest of my time at this location was very pleasant like I had remembered the last time I was there.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay somewhere is the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We needed to find a clean (my top priority) hotel where we could stay with our kids and grandkids on the way from SoCal to Yosemite. This Holiday Inn is in Selma, about two hours from our campsite in the national park. The nice hotel clerk who checked us in gave us our requested three adjacent rooms on the 3rd floor facing away from the freeway.

Our king bed room with crown molding was adequately sized with room enough for a desk (free internet and pay-to-use game controller), hotel-sized fridge and microwave, dresser, nightstands and flat-screen TV. The bed was comfy with lots of pillows and no gross comforter you find in many mid-range hotels. An iron & ironing board, blow dryer and coffee maker were provided. The bathroom was clean, had a few toiletries and a great showerhead (see photos). All three floors have beverage and ice machines and the first floor also has a machine with snacks.

Our rooms on the top floor were quiet and faced the hotel parking lot and the shopping center across the street. We made use of the Food for Less and a nearby Walmart for last minute camping supplies. There was also a Denny's across the street and fast food places nearby. Adjacent to the hotel is a pretty little pond with black swans and koi, fountains and gazebo. We didn't eat at the Rail and Spike Restaurant next door as we were all tired from the drive up from Orange County, so we had pizza delivered. The hotel gives you a ten dollar voucher to be used for breakfast at the restaurant or at the Starbucks counter at the restaurant entrance. The free hotel lobby coffee and scones weren't going to be enough for us, so we used our voucher the next morning for breakfast burritos to go ordered from Starbucks...yummy!

You can see from the photo of the 3rd floor view the freeway sign for Fresno. It was easy hopping back on the freeway to resume our drive to Yosemite.

There is a small, free (to hotel guests) train that takes you around and off the hotel property, but we had to leave before it opened at 10 a.m. We'll try it out next time...and there WILL be a next time as we will be sure to come back! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor (3rd floor) room facing away from the freeway if having a quiet night is importa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Frome, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Sayed here for one night as part of a tour. We had a lovely personal welcome and the staff were so friendly and helpful. This hotel is conveniently located for Yosemite national park. There is a great restaurant on site and lovely outside seating area. There is also a pond, swans and miniature train that goes around it! Our room was pleasant with comfortable beds. The air con was very noisy so we had to turn it off most of the time. In the morning when we left we were given free coffee and biscuits which was a really nice touch. We enjoyed our stay here!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sparkles700
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn provided exactly what we were looking for - a convenient, inexpensive, clean stop on the way to Yosemite. We had two rooms with an adjoining door. The beds were super comfortable, the rooms were quiet, and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely come back for an overnighter next time we plan a trip to Yosemite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah L
Portadown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Only stayed here for one night whilst on a travelsphere tour, lovely hotel bar and restaurant on site. The rooms were lovely real homely and staff very friendly there was complimentary coffee and biscuits in the morning. Lovely room with everything you would need beds very comfortable
it was a shame that we were here for just one night.There was nothing at all to dislike.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 70beckyboo
swancourt1, Manager at Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We cant wait for you to visit us again very soon!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 13 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 575 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court? Share your experiences!