Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sebastopol Inn(Sebastopol)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Spa
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssanta rosawine countryyogurtoutdoor pool and hot tubbreakfast roomfree breakfastsonoma countyhousekeeping stafftop floorshort driverooms are nicestayed one nightking bedflat screenhard boiled eggswhole foodsrussian river valley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are decent and the property is kept clean. But the hotel management is unorganized and caused several headaches, some of which I am still trying to resolve.

When we checked in, we were given complimentary upgrades for both our rooms. They were in a semi-suite style, large and comfortable.

The next morning I received a call from the front desk saying that the person who checked us in the previous night didn’t realize we were staying for two additional nights and they needed one of the upgraded rooms. I understood. The first night was on separate reservation because of last minute travel plans that allowed us to arrive a day early. I agreed to move to a smaller room. They told us we could definitely keep the one complimentary upgraded room. The person who called, thank me profusely and said I had just saved him several headaches. At the time I was happy to do it. I just didn't realize his potential problems became mine that have continued to persist.

We were going to be gone for the afternoon of my room switch and we made it very clear we did not want them moving any of our luggage. We told them we would leave my bags in my son's room (the one that was not being changed.) Needless to say, housekeeping moved all our luggage to the other room including some of my son's items that were not packed. My son returned to his room to find all his possessions gone. Until they were located in my new room, he was quite worried.

There was a huge disconnect between housekeeping and the front desk. The front desk knew we had two rooms, the key for the original upgraded room still worked. However, housekeeping walked in on my son while he took a late afternoon nap. When he told them we still had the room, the housekeeper said he was not suppose to be there and that he needed to leave. Finally, my son convinced her to speak with the front desk and she said she would be back. She didn't return. The front desk clerk was apologetic every time something went wrong but after several issues it didn't seem enough. The manager never came out to talk with us. When we checked out, I was astounded that not only were we charged the full price for the upgraded room but we were charged the current rate for the room I had moved to. They did NOT honor my reservation rate. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerks, they were very reluctant to adjust the price. She said she took care of it, but when I checked with Marriott to confirm this we were still charged incorrectly. I'm still in the process of trying to get this fixed. I am a loyal Marriott customer, but I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Cynthia L, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Cameron S, let me apologize for the disappointing stay you had with us. Believe me when I say we can do a better job and have when it comes to guest service, but I agree our communication in this situation was horrible.

I have already spoken to our Assistant GM, Robert, to get an idea of where we went wrong and between our GM, Robert and I we will get to the root of where the communication broke down between the Front Desk and Housekeeping and make the effort to resolve the issue for the future.

You mention you're from Dublin, Ireland. I'm very sorry you traveled such a long way only to be disappointed by your stay with us.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was in between two destinations and stayed here for the night. It's just outside of Santa Rosa and still close enough to cruise over for diner or entertainment. Really nice place to stay for as remote as the city seemed to be. Nice clean spacious rooms with a friendly staff. Has a pool and hot tub, both outdoors. Seemed clean but the hot tub wasn't very hot.
Parking was convenient and the grounds were very clean

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards the back entrance is key. The parking lot is even with floor #2 in the back of the property. Makes for an easy in and out
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. Good location on Hwy 116 as you enter Sebastopol, CA. Convenient to Sebastopol with a friendly staff knowledgeable of the area and able to advise on good restaurants etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Enjoyed staying there. The rooms are clean and the maids do a good job of keeping them that way. The free breakfast was good and the attendant there was always on the ball in keeping the items well stocked. The rooms are nice and seem larger than in most other Fairfield Inns. Nothing fancy but a well run place at a decent price. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had an overnight stay here in a quiet room. Our check in was good. Liked the second floor location which actually was the ground floor which allowed you to walk off the floor to the parking lot. However, I had a problem with room door. Front desk personnel was helpful and showed be the trick of swiping the key and imediately pushing the door handle down completely. There is a touch for opening the door to this particular room. The room was clean and of good size. Bed comfort was average. My wife did complain of a sore back the following morning.
Complimentary internet easy to connect. TV channels are limited, however have all ESPN's and basic news channels (CNN, CNBC, TBS, etc). However, couldn't pick up local Warriors NBA basketball game since they were not on ESPN.
Complimentary breakfast is of usual fare, not as good as some other Fairfield Inns. There are restaurants in the area. Front desk personnel gave us a list highliting those that gave a 10% discount for hotel guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cynthia L, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you Travel 477, we appreciate your comments. Your feelings about the ease of use of our rooms locks, the condition of our beds and the shortcomings of our breakfast, I know through the daily maintenance of the hotel and our annual Marriott inspections we will exceed on the performance of each of these features by the time you visit us again.

About your comment on not being able to view the Warriors game on any of our local channels. Our program provider is Direct TV and it's possible that only Comcast has the ability to broadcast those home games. If that is true, then the work around is to bring your smart device or your laptop the next time, hook into the jackpack provided in each of our rooms, bring up your Comcast Xfinity account and stream the game to your device this way. I'm certain that will work.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again.