destination wedding in sonoma. took the shuttle (airportexpressinc.com) from san francisco airport to santa rosa park and ride. cost was 34 dollars one way, and the shuttle driver was pleasant. just tell the driver where you need to go and he'll arrange for a cab to pick you up at your destination. short cab ride, yet pricey, from santa rosa to the fairfield inn. we arrived to the front desk around 1am pacific time. the check in process was easy, yet when we got to the room, there was only one king size bed. when i reserved the room, i was told i would have two doubles. i was deliriously tired, from traveling for 15 hours, and needed a good nights sleep. went down to the front desk to ask why i didn't get the room i requested and was told that there were no rooms available for my switch. i was told to come down in the morning and speak to richard.
after sleeping for a few hours, i went down and spoke to richard. he was able to move us to the handicapped room, which had two double beds. of course, the nightly fee was more, which he charged us. so much for trying to please the customer. the room was basic. beds comfortable. some outside noise since we were overlooking the outside pool/parking lot. the wifi in the hotel is quite shotty, but accessible with persistence. the continental breakfast was the best part of the stay. the food was average, but the woman who staffed the morning breakfast was very friendly and helpful.
for our 4th night, we had to switch into a friend's room who was leaving since there were no rooms available when i called to make my reservation many months before the wedding. i told the front desk that my friends were checking out, and they transferred the bill into my name. the financial part went fine, it was the housekeeping that was lacking. i requested that the sheets be changed since new people would be sleeping in the bed. the front desk promised this would happen, but when we got back from being out all day, not only were there no clean sheets, but there were also used towels in the bathroom and trash around the room. so much for housekeeping. when i called the desk to ask that the sheets be changed, i was told that the housekeeping staff went home at 3pm. um, ok. the front desk attendant brought me the sheets and gave them to me to put on. so much for customer service.
on the plus side, the hotel was in a convenient location. could walk about 20 minutes to downtown sebastopol. there are convenience stores, fish taco places, ice cream joints all near by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Sebastopol gives the traveler a glimpse of the quieter, more bucolic and tranquil beauty of West Sonoma County. Set in Sebastopol's agriculturally rich environment, guests at the 82-room, three diamond AAA rated property are close to everything - spectacular Pacific coast beaches, redwood groves, all manner of recreational pursuits and the famed Russian River Valley wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol Hotel Sebastopol
- Fairfield Inn Sebastopol
- Holiday Inn Sebastopol
- Sebastopol Fairfield Inn
- Sebastopol Holiday Inn