“God's country place”

Marimar Estate Vineyards and Winery
Ranked #15 of 57 things to do in Sebastopol
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in the rolling hills of western Sonoma County, the Russian River/Green Valley appellation is a perfect microclimate for growing Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Only 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 50 miles north of San Francisco, the site is influenced by the sea's cooling breezes and drifting fog. That is why Marimar Torres selected this privileged location to "export" the Torres family legacy of fine wines to California.Tasting Room open 7 days a week from 11-4.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've tried three times to tell you about this place. The last time I couldnt even spell Sonoma. Miramar Estates has so defied my senses that I've thought of calling it God's Country Place.

A fig stuffed with chocolate chased by a red boasting a better pedigree than my own? A fig stuffed with chocolate?Loose the dogs! bacchanalia is on the land! This stuff is so good I'm looking around for the cops.

An elegant stone terrace just reeking of old Spain looking over a zillion miles of sun splashed vinyard, the rows seeming to undulate like a mid Pacific swell?

I'm a flat land foreigner from the Great Lakes. on a clear day with the sun out and my glasses on I might know a red from a white.

I do know, though, when dedicated young people,pledged to the vintner's trade and that of the blue sash like the kids who looked after us have set their talents to create an experience equal to the judgment of the folks I was with; folks who know about this stuff. These kids are able, they've had wonderful teachers.You may agree that they merit your custom. I loved this place.

You might, too.

2  Thank PetesrLakeErieshore
MarimarEstateVyd, Manager at Marimar Estate Vineyards and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful vist with us -- I plan to share this with the team today! Hope to see you again! AH

All reviews
"tasting"
in 11 reviews
"noirs"

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had the tapas and wine pairing on their deck overlooking the Don Miguel Vineyards. The wine and food were thoughtfully prepared and complemented each other flawlessly. The staff were very accommodating, professional , and friendly and we were even allowed to bring our dog!

2  Thank SarahHonor
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The family is Spanish and owns wineries there also. When we visited, they were preparing paella for an event the next day. (Wine club). Good wines, lovely hillside setting. Check out the metal sculpted dogs! They sell fresh eggs too. We ended up in the wine club, so will be waiting to see what comes in our shipments.

1  Thank Jenny_Big_Sur
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had a coupon for the tapas and wine pairing. They gave us a glass of wine before sitting us on the beautiful patio and serving us yummy food and great wine. Three different employees came to speak with us at one time or another. When we asked a question, we were given a taste of a couple more wines to answer the question. We relaxed on the patio for a couple of hours. It was a perfect day.

1  Thank PatriciaK15