“Over-priced for what was delivered.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Hana

Sushi Hana
Ranked #48 of 108 Restaurants in Sebastopol
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Arcata, California
“Over-priced for what was delivered.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice atmosphere. Only one bathroom; cannot access sink to wash up if someone using the facilities.
Got some greens that were pretty average. Great spring rolls.
I am very small and a lightweight. Was the driver one night so asked if I could buy just a small shot of beer on tap. They would not budge from sale of a 16 ounce size. I have been a bartender; I know it is easy to make such an accommodation. Did not seem very guest-friendly for such an expensive place.
Not overwhelmed by the food. Kept getting a different server; not sure who to ask for help.
Bill came and it was for the wrong table.

• Visited October 2012

Sebastopol, California
“Not even close”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just because you call it sushi does not make it so.... having lived in Japan for many many years, I can say that what they serve is not Japanese food. Japanese food is subtle and specific. If the fundamentals are not right...it is wrong. Try Hana in Rhonert Park if you want to see what real Japanese food tastes like. ... But if you like supermarket or Costco sushi, maybe this place will be just fine for you.....if you are interested in quality, go somewhere else!

• Visited October 2012
Sebastopol, California
“Fun Atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We go to this restaurant on Wednesdays and Saturdays for the great sushi deal. The sushi is not a work of art, but it all tastes good, and it is not extremely expensive like some weʻve had. I have no problem being a vegetarian here; there is alternative sushi. This place is relatively small, so you need to get there early on Wed. and Sat., like 6:00 p.m. One of our favorites.

Visited October 2012
Irvine, California
“Little surprises make this place stand out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had arrived in area that evening, we were hungry and we found that they had a discount coupon on Yelp, so that sealed the deal!

The restaurant is a located just off Main Street in the walkable, historic downtown district of Sebastopol. There is a small public parking lot across the street from the restaurant, so unless it's busy weekend parking should be no problem. (Even if that lot is full, park where you can and enjoy walking the downtown!)

We arrived for dinner. We were given the option of sitting in the back secluded alcove which has about 4 tables or at one of the 10+ 2 or 4-place tables in the main dinning area. We choose a cozy table for two in the front.

We choose a Combination Special to share -- Tempura & Sushi. This include Miso Soup, Sunomono (Cucumber Salad), rice, Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura, and a Sushi variety (California Roll, Tuna, Salmon & Eel. (Fortunately, since I am not a Salmon fan there was notproblem to substitute another Tuna for the Salmon.)

We also ordered their evening special Apple Blossom Roll and a pot of green tea. (Most Japanese restaurants include green tea with your order, but it was only a buck for a pot and it was good green tea...)

The food arrived promptly and the service was paced so that we got our food quickly but the courses did not seemed rushed.

The Sunomono was the best we have ever had. It was the first time we have ever had Sunomono topped with sliced fresh strawberries! The Sunomono sauce was thicker, sweeter and less vinegary than typical Sunomono sauce. It was delicious!

The Miso Soup was Miso Soup...What can I say?

The Apple Blossom Roll, was sliced into six pieces. It was Tempura Chicken and avocado topped with slices of fresh apple, sprinkled with chili powder and drizzled with spicy chili sauce. It was cool, warm, spicy, sweet and crunchy! I loved it! (Fortunately my wife does not do spicy so I take it upon myself to eat her half!)

The Tempura was light, crispy and not greasy. In addition to the large shrimp it included sweet potato, onion, and zucchini. The sauce was unique. Tempura sauces are typically thin and lightly flavored. This Tempura Sauce was substantially thicker and distinctly flavored. This made a great addition to the Tempura!

The Sushi variety was very good and tasty.

The prices were moderate and the portions were good-sized compared to a typical Japanese restaurant.

We had a great meal and great service and we will definitely add this restaurant to our list to visit the next time we are in the area!

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Best Sushi EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is my favorite sushi restaurant in the world! Every time I'm in Sebastopol, which is usually several times a year, this is one of the first places I go. The Bodega Bay Maki is the best roll I've ever had (I'm salivating just thinking about it), but you can't go wrong with any of their dishes! And I'm absolutely thrilled that they made the Fiesta roll a permanent menu item. Don't miss this place if you want the best sushi at an unbelievably reasonable price! P.S. I think Wednesday is $1 sushi night. Well worth it!

• Visited July 2012