“Sorta cute”

Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Sebastopol
San Marcos, TX
“Sorta cute”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I only have one meal to go on, as I was just passing through the area. The place is kinda cute, small, hippie feel. It has a comfortable, relaxed vibe, maybe a little too relaxed. For some reason, you don't get ice in your water in these parts unless you ask...being from Texas, this is a little strange to me. I had the rice and beans burrito with salsa and guacamole. It was a little bland and had way too much plain brown rice but I might have been expecting Tex Mex. Guac was tasty! However the place has lots of vegan/vegetarian options which is great!

• Visited June 2012

Graton, CA
“Alternate dining goes mainstream, sort of”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

As someone who doesn't suffer from Food Fear, the menu at Slice of Life is somewhat dismaying. It appears to address the typical diner who would like to have, say, a corned beef Rueben, but is so nervous for whatever reason about actually eating corned beef, bread, sauerkraut and so on, that exotic palliating substitutes must be employed. The food can be tasty, if a trifle severe; who in the world goes to a restaurant just to have tempeh? Does anybody with their head on straight really prefer carob to chocolate? I've always felt that if you like hot dogs, and tofu, you should order a hot dog, or some tofu. Why pretend you can have them both at the same time? This is, however, one of the few places I know of where you can take a dedicated Vegan and actually find more than one thing on the menu they can eat.

• Visited January 2012
Sebastopol, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love to eat here, it makes me feel healthy!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have been eating at Slice since David opened many years ago. A couple of my favorites are the Nut Burger, the Avocado Sandwich, and the smoothies. The cookies are so good that I avoid them, dangerous!
I recommend you try Slice of Life if you haven't!

• Visited February 2012