“Great location; unspectacular room & service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sebastopol Inn

Sebastopol Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sebastopol
New York, NY
“Great location; unspectacular room & service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

The plus first: it's a wonderful location if you want to be right in town. You can walk to all services and conveniences: movies, restaurants, shops & more. The Inn is set back from the street, so it is quiet and private.
However, the help at the front desk is extremely spacey and unknowledgeable. Every question was met with no answers whatsoever. This is the first hotel I've ever stayed in, from B&Bs to high end hotels that refused to print a boarding pass for a flight. The wi-fi doesn't work if your room is removed from the front office. The rooms were large and the beds comfortable, but everything was very plain and the rugs and linens seemed in need of upgrading. No safes in the rooms and the refrigerator was barely cold.
For $150/night I expected better service and at least a decent internet connection.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tereads

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sonoma County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

I know what you are thinking. I am writing a review for a hotel a few miles from my home and although I lived in Sonoma County for a couple of years, I have been working/traveling in other parts of the US and internationally but list Sonoma County as my "hub".

I have had the pleasure of staying at Sebastopol Inn several times in the last few years and the reason I always return is the service, quality and comfort of the property. The owner takes great pride in maintaining the Inn and it has a very comfortable ambiance...definitely your 'home away from home'. Free wifi, cotton robes, in room coffee/tea, small pool, jacuzzi and a lovely garden will surely make you want to extend your stay at the charming Sebastopol Inn. The staff have been extremely accommodating as I used their office fax/printer while completing the paperwork to purchase a home.
I know the Sonoma County area very well and choose Sebastopol Inn every time I am in town.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank andreahkg
new mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

First the positive thoughts:
The location is great - right in town. It is set off the main street so it is relatively quiet.
A pool is on the property.
There is a wine bar/restaurant and a day spa on the property - both of which are fabulous.
Parking is right at the door.
I visited in December when the weather was chilly but the two-story, U-shaped building looks pleasant. The courtyard looks like it is very attractive and pleasant in the spring-summer-fall months.

The negatives:
The young man who checked me in was really out of it and couldn't answer simple questions about nice restaurants in the area. He was really unhelpful. But happy!
The room, although spacious was somewhat dingy. My rate was $120 and I was disappointed for what I got. The carpet had several unsightly stains. The bedspread was dingy and the blanket quite thin.
I had to unplug the in-room mini refrigerator because it made so much noise that it kept waking me (I sleep like a rock) up. When I mentioned this at checkout, I was told by another employee - the owner, I suspect - that I should use earplugs!

I gave this property a 3 out of 5 rating because I really want to like it and I'm hoping that the other rooms don't have the cleanliness issues that mine did. You can't beat the central location. They just need to attend to the things people notice in hotel rooms - carpeting, bedspread, etc.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank aprilgirl415
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

The Inn was recommended by a coworker last minute. The staff was great and the room was clean and ready upon our arrival. It's located not far from Napa and also near the coast, Bodega Bay. There's a wonderful coffee shop nearby that offers great beverages and pastries. They also have a Thanksgiving Bush where everyone is encouraged to write down something they're thankful for and hang it on the shrub! I would recommend the inn to anyone traveling in wine country

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
oink8
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. At $42.00 a night, I was a little skeptical about the hotel. But I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel sold out of rooms with 2 beds, so they gave me 2 adjacent rooms for the price of 1 room. The rooms were clean, and the hotel was very conveniently located. At $42 a night, it beat all expectations.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

We came to Sebastopol specifically to visit family and to dine at Eloise Restaurant. So our only requirements were for a clean, quiet, comfortable place to sleep at a reasonable price. Sebastopol Inn fit the bill with their weekday rate of $90. The king size bed was comfortable, the room was clean and although not fancy or plush, perfectly adequate for our needs. We do not like to spend a lot of time in a hotel room when we travel, so we frequently end up paying a lot of money for a lot of amenities we don't use.
And if we go with the low-budget properties (and even some not so low budget) we find that the cleanliness or comfort, or especially, quiet, is lacking. The Sebastopol Inn is just the type of accommodation at that price, that we are always looking for.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank betzd
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

3 of us gals stayed over for one night and loved it. New upgrades to the bath area, which was large with a separate vanity area. Just let them know on their website how many total will be staying and you won't get charged. There is a great day spa in the same parking lot, New Dawn Day Spa. Plus Starlight Wine Bar for night time and a wonderful cafe for the morning, Coffee Catz. A fabulous short stay spot!!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank papercakegal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastopol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
#1 of 1 in Occidental
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
#7 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Sebastopol Inn? Share your experiences!