“Give Authenticity A Try!”
Review of Rosa's La Villa Restaurant - CLOSED

Rosa's La Villa Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great Service, very clean and best of all very Mexician! Too bad more people don't explore! Give this one a try and you will be like me and want to go back again! Two thumbs up!!!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

As others have noted it can be hard to find but once you find Broadway in Seaside you should have no problem. Mysister lives in the area and introduced us to Rosa La Villa back in 2009. And we have been back several times since including just before Christmas 2012. What impresses me everytime we go is is the colorful, cheerful, unsophisticated decor. It features many old pictures of Mexico's celebraties and historical figures and old photos from the revolutions.
Consistency describes well this restaurant. The food, the good service, the friendliness, the relaxed atmosphere, the decor. Actually the only real change I have noticed over the years is the hairdo worn by the owner-manager. I eat at a lot of Mexican restaurants, hands down my favorite food, and I rate this among the best. But then I prefer the more earthy, homemade style of Mexican cooking served here as opposed to that found in the more fancy, Gringo-ized eating establishments here in America. The flavors achieved by restaurants like Rosa's are, my opinion, more gourmet though some may disagree. But if good Mexican food more like what you would get down in old Mexico is what you seek and you relish a cheerful, relaxed, laid-back eating environment, this is the place for you.

1  Thank Lance N
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was craving some menudo and was directed to check out this place. The food here is great and doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have been going to Rosa's for several years and we are never disappointed. Their coffee is made with cinnamon infused in the coffee, the best. All of their dishes are freshly made. My husband is addicted to their Huevos Rancheros and I to their Chile Rellanos. Their salsas are made fresh and oh so tastey. Not to be missed are their daily specials, yum. This is not Americanized Mexican food but the real deal. No gobs of sour cream, cheddar cheese, and the sauces are wonderful. The prices are very reasonable as well. A locally owned treasure in Seaside not to be missed if you are looking for good authentic Mexican Food.

1  Thank DonnaNPG
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We spent time around Monterey last week and after talking with the local mexican population we found two excellent restuarants that are used mainly by the locals and a little hard to spot driving down the road due to lack of signage........but don't let that stop you from trying the food here. The place is nothing special, but clean and nice inside....a little rustic, but you are there for the food. My wife and I had two different plates.........the size of plates and servings were extremely large, the plates were about 14 inches by ten inches and completely full. The food was excellent, freshly prepared and full value for the money....about $12 a plate. We could see why the locals liked this place and are sure you will if you give it a try. There is no sign at present over the restuarant exterior and just a small stand up placard on the sidewalk............as you turn off Fremont street onto Broadway( towards the ocean) a good reference about two blocks down on the left hand side is a CHASE BANK and midway in the next block is the restuarant.