1,992 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree happy hourorder omelettesindoor poolmade to order breakfastcocktail hourmonterey bayfree breakfastsofa bedocean viewshort drivecannery rowcorner roomwe've stayedfisherman's wharfbig suryogurt
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Upon arrival the reception area staff were fantastic and very friendly. They were able to get me checked in quickly and I was immediately given a key to my room and it was only 10am.

Unfortunately I was unable to take advantage of the manager's free reception at the bar with free drinks in the evening but I did enjoy the complimentary breakfast in the morning with made to order omlets.

The rooms are huge and bed was comfortable. I had a partial ocean view room which made the stay even nicer.

Parking is very easy and would allow for over sized vehicles or trailers.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Ojodepescado
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This hotel wasn't far from Monterey so that was great. However the hotel room was dirty, very old and very beat up. I was expecting it to be a lot nicer. The lobby and fitness rooms were great and probably updated not too long ago. I would not plan on staying here if you want to spend very much time in your hotel room. The balcony was right next to a busy street and hwy. Also we were awaken by sirens 2 out of 3 nights. Bathrooms don't have fans and ours had a weird stench to it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We were rescued from a horrible hotel when I called last minute to get a room at the Embassy Suites. I was a little concerned looking at the outside and location but was VERY pleased with what was inside, clean well managed and friendly. We had a very clean room good service. The breakfast was really good a lot of choices,fresh, well displayed. There was manager drinks and snacks, nice way to relax in evening. The food at resturant was well prepared and fresh. Everything made our 8 day stay enjoyable and close to everything we wanted to do on our vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hair2there
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Here is the review that I wrote and e-mailed to the Front Desk Manager:

"After returning home and reflecting on my hotel stay, I am a little disappointed by the accommodations I was given at the Embassy Suites in Monterey. However, I would first like to go over the positive aspects of my stay. The staff was very helpful and allowed me to check in early. I was also provided with a good recommendation for a nice place to have lunch (Tarpy's Roadhouse). The room was adequate and the atrium was a nice space to have breakfast the next morning (which was definitely much better than your typical free hotel breakfast).

Now I would like to describe my disappointment. When making my reservation 4 months before my arrival date, I distinctly remember reserving a Two Room Suite with 2 Double beds (because the Non-Suite room was the same price). After reviewing my confirmation e-mail, I noticed it does not state on there whether the reservation is for a Suite or Non-Suite room. I went along with the assumption that since over 95% of the hotels rooms were suites, my reservation was for a suite. Upon arriving at the hotel and checking in, I was assigned a room and given a local recommendation for lunch. I left straight for Tarpy's and did not see the room until I returned to the hotel afterwards. When I entered the room, I immediately noticed that the room was not a Suite and there was a smoky smell in the air. My guest and I were running late and had to leave shortly for a wedding. Since we did not have time to clear this up, we got ready and left the hotel within 20 minutes but turned the air on to hopefully flush out the smoke smell. We did not return to the hotel until late that evening (after midnight), but the smoke smell still lingered. I figured it was too late to change rooms and I believe the hotel was sold out of the night. While my guest and I felt the room was acceptable, I still feel that the quality of the room was below par for the price I paid (especially since other wedding guests who stayed at the hotel paid the same price for two room suite that did not smell like smoke). I also learned from a review on TripAdvisor that the sixth floor (which is the floor I stayed on) used to be the Smoking floor of the hotel before the hotel turned Non-Smoking. That is why my room smelled smoky, even though the hotel was previously informed about this and has not yet corrected it (from a guest that stayed in September 2010).

I would definitely advise future guests at this hotel to: 1) Make sure you confirm that your reservation is for a Suite if that is what you are booking; and 2) If you are sensitive to smoke, stay away from rooms on the sixth floor." I will note that I do not often stay overnight in this area since I am from the Bay Area. However, for a comparable price, I would prefer to stay closer to the main area in Monterey or in Carmel.

Thank you for your time and hopefully you can clear up some of the issues so that future guests do not walk away with the same disappointing experience and impression as I have."

I know I am partially at fault because I didn't say anything when I was there, but hopefully this is a warning to others. They probably do this often to guests when they sell out of suites and hope that they person doesn't say anything. I paid over $200 for one night for this room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had a great stay for 6 nights and it was excellent in every respect.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple