“:) Many happy Returns!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“:) Many happy Returns!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

My husband and I just spent our honeymoon traveling a bit over California. I stayed at Embassy Suites when I was about 6 years old...and have always wanted to go back on my honeymoon, and going back was not disappointing! It's a beautiful place! We paid $177 for a night in a suite with a king sized bed and an ocean view on the 11th floor. Also, the complimentary happy hour and full breakfast we're amazing!! Their chef makes delicious omlettes to your request and there are multiple types of coffees, breads, juices, cereal, fruits, meats, yogurt....etc. It was thoroughly enjoyable! I would definitely recommend this!
Oh, and the people who worked there were sooo courteous and helpful! It made it a very pleasant stay :)

• Liked — The beauty of it all!
  • Disliked — Having no DVD player in the room and the PPV being so expensive!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
Morgan Hill, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

Good place as are all of the Embassy's I've stayed at. Asked for a king suite and it came with an ocean view from the bed. Well insulated from the interior hotel traffic. Great blackout drapes in the bedroom. Would recommend getting to the complimentry breakfast early as it get pretty crazy in the last half hour of service.
Will stay again.

• Liked — Service, clean quiet romm, location
  • Disliked — Fitness center lacks equipment
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Manchester,England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2008

Stayed here for 1 night as a stop off travelling up the coast & would definitely recommend this hotel. Friendly staff, great pool area (even though it was a little spoilt by loads of children jumping & diving in!), hot tub & sauna. We had a room on the top floor with a side ocean view. The room had a seperate living & bedroom area which also included a fridge & a microwave. There is a managers reception in the evening where we sampled some cocktails! We ate at the hotel as there wasnt much in the surrounding area & we were glad we did. The food was fantastic. Breakfast is also included in the rate which made this excellent value as you can basically eat what you like & they can cook your eggs to order or you can just eat from the buffet. I would stay here again no doublt but only for 1/2 nights as there isn't a lot to do close by.

• Liked — Great rooms & pool & spa area
  • Disliked — Not a lot to do in the surrounding area
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gayle32
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2008

This hotel was spotless. That was my first impression and stayed with me for the enrire stay (sadly it was a one night stay only on our drive along the coast).

Through travelzoo I got a really great deal at this hotel and I must say I absolutely loved it. This hotel is designed in such a way that everything seems to be close by. Even the pool seems to be close by. The free breakfast was probably the best free breakfast I ever had and it's made to order. We were also been given a room on the very top floor.
The hotel seems to be brand new and the rooms were extremely new and clean with everything you would need, even had a microwave. The washing machines were on our floor which was great. You get a separate bedroom, separate living room with a pull out sofa.
There is also free internet but only in the business center on the ground floor which has two computers. If you use the wi-fi in the room you then have to pay $9.95 per day. The room we stayed in also had views of the ocean although the ocean seems a little far away from the hotel. For the super special rate of $89.00 a night that I paid I think this is the best hotel I ever stayed in.

Oh yeah, when I contacted the hotel directly to make sure about the rate (which was really great even for the low season) the woman in charge was very prompt to reply and very helpful to book the room I wanted. I don't remember the names but the receptionist from Fiji and the one from Hawaii were also great to deal with. If you will twist my arm to find a fault with this hotel, the only one I can think of was the fact there were no public phones anywhere so you must pay extra and use the hotel phones. I think the “public phone” they had in the lobby was requiring a minimum charge of $5 and you could only pay by using the credit card. But nevertheless I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Make sure you make time for breakfast. It was definitely worth it.

• Liked — The excellent breakfast included in the room price
  • Disliked — No public phones which is a pain if you're an overseas tourist
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Appreci8life
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while travelling with my parents over Thanksgiving week. The hotel was a little outdated but the bed was comfortable, the rooms were spacious and the service was great. The hot tub and pool were a nice place to stop in each day, especially after biking 17 mile drive.

Each morning there was a complimentary buffet breakfast with made to order omlets, assorted bread and pastries, cooked eggs, sausage, bacon and fresh fruit. Also coffee and juices. I would say, as far as complimentary breakfasts go, this one was quite good.

Each night there was a 2 hour managers reception with open bar. The bar was pretty extensive, serving up beer, wine, sangria, and mixed drinks. I beleive there was also a shirley temple bar for chlidren. We enjoyed the drinks while hanging out in our room and it was convient to go back and get another drink if you liked. One night we ate dinner at the restaurant while the reception was going on and we were able to get drinks from the open bar and bring them into the restaurant. On a side note, the restaurant in the hotel was okay. We got sandwiches - turkey club and steak au jous - both were tasty.

The staff was very helpful in offering up directions and recommendations about the area. We ran out of toothpaste halfway through our stay and they had complemntary toothpaste as well as other ammenities (like razors, shaving cream, etc) available at the front desk.

All in all, while the decor was a bit outdated and old, our experience was quite enjoyable and for the value, we certainly felt that we got our money's worth.

• Liked — Convenient Location, Friendly Service and who can complain about free drinks...
  • Disliked — Outdated Decor
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank bnbev
Bakersfield, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2008

My husband and I were wanting to visit Monterey since we had never been, so I booked a stay at the Embassy Suites after many hotel reviews. Our stay was okay. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms were clean (outdated but clean), bed was comfortable, and the morning breakfast along with the manager's reception was decent. If you are looking to a place to rest your head, I would say that the Embassy Suites can deliver just that. If you are looking for something a little more upscale, I would not recommend this hotel. Overall, the Embassy Suites is a nice place to stay.

• Liked — They have a game room!
  • Disliked — The outdated furnishings.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrktngspclst
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights. Unfortunately first impression was not good, as there was a musty smell on walking into the lobby ( probably from indoor water feature). Area for breakfast was dark, gloomy and cold!
Room was large but furniture dated and old.
On the plus side, breakfast included was excellent and also evening drinks. Also business centre and fitness facilities were good.

• Liked — Good breakfast and evening recepyion
  • Disliked — Gloomy atrium
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Hampton Inn Monterey
#8 of 55 in Monterey
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!