“my trip to Hearst Castle”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been to embassy suites several times in the past.. If you factor in how much breakfast alone would cost at a restaurant and the breakfast at the embassy suite is no charge.. The stay is free if you have a family..My only complaint is that each and every time I visited the embassy suites in Monterey I was with my wife.. My wife died suddenly over a year ago and the trip reminded me of the good times we had at the hotel with my kids and grandkids..I love the embassy suites in Monterey and would recommend it to all travelers...Thank you Henry P

Room Tip: I have not found a bad room in Monterey Embassy Suite
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roxy2194
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we are saddened with your wife passing away a year ago. We're glad that you cherished the good times with your wife and your kids and grand kids from your recent stay with us. We thank you for your review and your recommendation. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Monterey.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love the Embassy Suites. The suites are roomy and comfortable. Only drawback is closet space. Beds are superb..love the extra pillows. Cooked to order breakfast has many choices. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. I walk with cane and staff always around to assist with tray if needed without being over bearing. Been staying there for several years each Feb, I do miss staff coming out to greet you and offer to help with luggage... Cutbacks I guess. Rates are a little on high side unless you check frequently and book well in advance . Positives outweigh negatives. Easy access to freeways. Safe surroundings. Would highly recommend. Love the balcony room.

• Stayed: February 2013
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we are thrilled that you had an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed one of our comfortable suites and the extremely helpful and friendly staff during breakfast. The lack of service at the time of check in for not greeting you and offering assistance with your luggage has been addressed. We thank you for your review and the recommendation! We can't wait to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites on your next visit to Monterey.Sincerely,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The room was clean but aged. The bathroom mirror looked rough around the edges. The toilet seat was loose (my pet peeve). There were several little things that alone are OK but together make you feel you could probably have found a better place to stay. I walked out of the bathroom one morning to see the painters on scaffolding outside our fourth floor window, without warning. I would like to have been notified by management that someone might be at my window looking in. Our room was on the fourth floor corner facing the ocean and although it had a balcony there are two very busy streets that run on two sides of the hotel. The traffic noise was too loud to sit out and enjoy the distant ocean. I thought maybe you could walk to the beach from the hotel but it is a lot farther than it seemed and not advisable. If you are allergic to avocado bring your own toiletries because the toiletries provided all had avocado ingredients. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel but I was told it was good. There beverage glasses at the soda machine for Happy Hour were juice glass size so if you want more than about 4 ozs you might ask for a To Go cup.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler032

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we regret to hear that you found the condition of our rooms to be disappointing and unacceptable. We apologize for the condition of the bathroom, our location, the traffic noise from the street and the type of toiletries we carry. Please know that your concerns have been noted and will be taken into serious consideration. We are always in search of ways to enhance our guests' experiences, and you have certainly provided some opportunities to do so. We thank you for your candid feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to change your mind about our hotel by staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am not normally fussy when it comes to hotel. In the past, I preferred to stay in a budget hotel and expect only clean hotel with hot shower and nothing else. Now that I have a baby, I don't mind paying more to make sure our trip is hassle-free with good comfort level. So, I thought why not stay in a suite this president day weekend so that we can still have me time after my baby goes to bed. When I husband booked it, I was worried that the 4 pm check-in time may not work for us since my son needs to nap at 2 pm. I called the hotel to make sure we can check in early and they said it is based on what's available but 2 pm sounds reasonable. I got there at 2 pm and the manager (whom I do not get the name but was on duty that sunday february 17) immediately said that they could not accomodate us and it'll take 1.5 hours to clean the room. really? 1.5 hours? I kept on begging to her for 15 minutes and she wouldn't even help me call the housekeeping to expedite the process. Meanwhile, I saw some other guests were checked in as we spoke. I can't believe it. I would have settled and wait if she told me it'd take 30 minutes to clean the room. That manager just did not want to help. worse yet, as I kept on begging, she threatened to remove me from the property. This is a loss to embassy suite as I am not going back ever again (and I do plan to make monterey my annual trip with my growing family since we live an hour away) booo....one thing more, if you asked them for an extra blanket, it took them two hours to deliver. double boo

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Martina S

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the staff during your early check-in have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area and experience the excellent level of hospitality that the Embassy Suites brand is known for.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is great for a family with young kids and the views are awesome. I used to go a lot when I was younger, but on return, I feel that it is more entertaining for families with younger kids. The breakfast is usually good, nothing special, but it will fill you up and get you ready for the adventures about to be had.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs because it can get really loud with big families and all.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we are glad that you had a very good experience during your stay. With our suite accommodations, indoor swimming pool, game room and our complimentary cook to order breakfast, it attracts a lot of families with younger children. We thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit in Monterey.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife, 20 month old son and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Seaside, CA. We have stayed with the Embassy chain many times over the years. The location in Seaside, CA is conveniently located on the Monterey Peninsula, close to all the popular attractions without being in the middle of them. The building itself is getting a little tired, the staff is working hard to keep it in shape but it is showing its age. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even had a crib in the room waiting for us on our late (11PM) arrival. The free breakfast is always a great convenience when on vacation, especially with children. My son enjoyed watching the Koi fish and turtles in the indoor stream. The indoor pool was fun, a little chilly, but the midnight closing time was great. Don't miss the free happy hour drinks and the Live Piano player on Friday and Saturday nights in the bar. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms are nice, keep in mind this is also the side of the hotel with a busy road belo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we are glad that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our amenities, the helpful staff, the piano player, the Kio fish and the turtles in the indoor stream. Despite of the chilly pool and the condition of the hotel, we thank you for sharing your review. We are very excited for our upcoming renovations in the near future and we hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Guest Assistance Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you've never stayed at an Embassy Suites, this one in Monterey/Seaside is a great place to start. First, their room rates include both a "HAPPY HOUR" every night, but ALSO a FULL BREAKFAST, with Omlettes made to order from fresh ingredients, right in front of you! I love that! Then, add in the fact that the rooms are FULL SUITES, with a separate Living Room, with a Sofa Sleeper, a Kitchenette, and a separate MASTER Bedroom, with a FULL BATH. If you ask for an upgrade option, you might also end up in a FULL OCEAN VIEW room, many also WITH A BALCONY! And, the STAFF is so FRIENDLY. From Connie, the Manager, to Michelle, in the BUFFET area, to the ROOM SERVICE staff, they all go out of their way to assist you. I've been staying there regularly for years, and they are always my first choice in Monterey.

Room Tip: Always ask when you check in if there are any OCEAN VIEW rooms available. And, if you tip the staff...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Embassy Suites guest, we are thrilled that the Embassy Suites Monterey Bay is one of your favorite places to stay. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary amenities, the spacious suites and the friendly staff. Connie, Michelle and the rest of the staff will be delighted to hear their superb level of service was recognized. We thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Hampton Inn Monterey
Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
Sand Castle Inn
Sand Castle Inn
#1 of 13 in Seaside

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!