2,001 results
All reviews evening reception free happy hour order omelettes indoor pool made to order breakfast cocktail hour monterey bay free breakfast sofa bed ocean view short drive cannery row corner room we've stayed fisherman's wharf big sur yogurt
Reviewed June 27, 2012

There's a lot to like about this hotel.

The rooms are a good size, with a combined living/dining area and a separate bedroom. They are pretty well appointed and have the usual things that you would expect in this sort of a "suite" hotel, including a fair sized bathroom and kitchenette-like facilities.

I was on a high floor and it seemed quiet enough, I certainly had no outside disturbance when sleeping.

A free Manager's drinks reception for a couple of hours in the evening helps lighten the evening mood and, the next morning, there's a decent enough breakfast with omelettes made to order. I didn't have any queue-type problems with either although I see how, in really busy periods, there may be.

In between, there are the usual facilities you might expect.

The food in the restaurant was nice without being anything special. But I mean that in a good way and the service was good.

I didn't use the pool or gym.

WiFi was slow (they charge, but it is free for some through Hilton Honours status).

I stayed during a busy period and most things seemed to work OK for me. I had to wait a little time for an elevator at the usual busy periods, but I didn't find it to be to the point of being irritating.

Car parking is free and plentiful. But you will be parked a way away if you are staying there at a busy time and return late..

It's probably due a bit of a refresh in some areas, to be honest, and I found myself wishing it was a little more bright and breezy visually, but, you know, it's not tired and it's no big deal.. there are many, many worse and more expensive places to stay.

Its location was fine for me but those wanting a hotel in Monterey may ned to consider that it is not in Monterey, but near Monterey.

Of the option Hilton brands in the area, my first choice, having stayed in both, would probably be the Garden Inn, but that is not to detract from the Embassy Suites and for others it may very well be the other way around. I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Juninho_pp
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Plenty of free parking and easy access make this hotel a good place to stay. Nothing "over the top" but nothing terribly overwhelming, either. The staff was congenial and seemed genuinely interested in making our stay comfortable.

Fortunately, the lobby has a gift shop that offers Starbucks as the Embassy Suites Coffee is that horrible Nescafe "machine instant" stuff that Disney likes to serve.

Should the need arise I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have stayed in Embassy Suites across the USA. We book knowing to to expect and are never disappointed. The hotel was easy to find - we did not use our sat nav. There is plenty of parking outside.
We booked this hotel are we were touring this part of the USA.
I had trouble using my Hilton Honors card on arrival, but the check-in staff contacted the Hilton Honors team and had it sorted for me in minutes.
The room and amenities were as good as any Embassy Suites we have stayed in. We ate in the onsite restaurant - think it was called Pacific Cafe, and the food was fine.
The evening happy hour was well organised and apart from an occasional queue to be served, was very good.
I note that previous reviewers baulk at the cost of wifi - and I share that view. I cannot see that it costs $3 per device to province wifi and does now seem to be a basic amenity. Although to be fair, we stayed at two other good hotels in LA, and they both charged to use wifi.
If I had a criticism is that the breakfasts never seemed to be hot. Even though the serving dishes were brought from the kitchen they were, at best, luke warm.
We drove to Monterey via route 101 from LA and returned via the Pacific Coast Highway. It transpires we chose the right routes. If you drive up the coast from LA, the passenger is facing the cliffs, not the sea, so the not only miss the vies but also increase the risks of car sicknesses. We did not know that, a local in San Simeon told us that when we stopped for a coffee.
In all, a good stay, well located, good staff, comfortable room, near the sea. Great fish restaurants nearby. If you go to Cannery Row, use the free 'trollies' to sight-see. The one to Pacific Grove showed us some spectacular coast-line. Really too good to miss. Also, while in Cannery Row, choose your parking carefully. We found somewhere that charged $8 a day, and allowed us to come back that evening when we went to Bubba Gump for dinner. We asked first and our parking ticket was marked to allow the return trip.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarryHazel
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here for a work trip. The room was a nice place to stay after a long day. I had lots of room to relax and the reception in the evening was a nice diversion. The included breakfast was very good too.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Susan E
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Myron M.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I must start off by saying that my family and i travel a lot and Embassy Suites has always been in the top 2 of our hotel choices. This time it saddens me to say this stay was highly disappointing!!

My family and i visited the Monterey area for the Memorial Day weekend. I thought a nice weekend trip to the Monterey Aquarium would be great during the break. When we arrived at the hotel chk-in went like normal, but when we stepped into the room I knew the Marriott would have been better. It was smaller than any Embassy Suites i've ever stayed in and the couch had stains embedded in the fibers. The spots looked like some folks with jeri curl solution sat there forever. The bathroom was the worst i've ever stayed in and there was dirt, chips and stains everywhere. The 1st night was so hectic i didn't have a chance to complain but I did go to talk to someone the next day. I spoke with Ashley who was very nice and stated cleaning was gone for the day, but she would reduce my rate which I appreciated greatly, however I still didn't think it was enough. Lastly, the internet setup is utterly ridiculous!! It's $9.95 per day PER DEVICE we had 3 tablets and would have had to pay $30 per night 2x for everyone to use them. THAT IS INSANE!! Hotels please stop gouging people for wifi its such a disappointment.. I'm sure almost all of your customers want and need this service. God knows you charge insane prices for the rooms just because of the locations just include it in the price!

This is truly an unhappy Hilton customer, pictures coming soon!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kjoiner43

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. Please know we value all comments as they are shared with our Executive team for review and action. I invite you to contact the hotel directly as it is our intent to ensure each of your concerns are properly addressed.
Myron M.