1,998 results
All reviews evening reception free happy hour order omelettes indoor pool made to order breakfast cocktail hour monterey bay free breakfast sofa bed ocean view short drive cannery row corner room we've stayed fisherman's wharf big sur yogurt
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have stayed in Embassy Suites across the USA. We book knowing to to expect and are never disappointed. The hotel was easy to find - we did not use our sat nav. There is plenty of parking outside.
We booked this hotel are we were touring this part of the USA.
I had trouble using my Hilton Honors card on arrival, but the check-in staff contacted the Hilton Honors team and had it sorted for me in minutes.
The room and amenities were as good as any Embassy Suites we have stayed in. We ate in the onsite restaurant - think it was called Pacific Cafe, and the food was fine.
The evening happy hour was well organised and apart from an occasional queue to be served, was very good.
I note that previous reviewers baulk at the cost of wifi - and I share that view. I cannot see that it costs $3 per device to province wifi and does now seem to be a basic amenity. Although to be fair, we stayed at two other good hotels in LA, and they both charged to use wifi.
If I had a criticism is that the breakfasts never seemed to be hot. Even though the serving dishes were brought from the kitchen they were, at best, luke warm.
We drove to Monterey via route 101 from LA and returned via the Pacific Coast Highway. It transpires we chose the right routes. If you drive up the coast from LA, the passenger is facing the cliffs, not the sea, so the not only miss the vies but also increase the risks of car sicknesses. We did not know that, a local in San Simeon told us that when we stopped for a coffee.
In all, a good stay, well located, good staff, comfortable room, near the sea. Great fish restaurants nearby. If you go to Cannery Row, use the free 'trollies' to sight-see. The one to Pacific Grove showed us some spectacular coast-line. Really too good to miss. Also, while in Cannery Row, choose your parking carefully. We found somewhere that charged $8 a day, and allowed us to come back that evening when we went to Bubba Gump for dinner. We asked first and our parking ticket was marked to allow the return trip.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarryHazel
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here for a work trip. The room was a nice place to stay after a long day. I had lots of room to relax and the reception in the evening was a nice diversion. The included breakfast was very good too.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Susan E
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I must start off by saying that my family and i travel a lot and Embassy Suites has always been in the top 2 of our hotel choices. This time it saddens me to say this stay was highly disappointing!!

My family and i visited the Monterey area for the Memorial Day weekend. I thought a nice weekend trip to the Monterey Aquarium would be great during the break. When we arrived at the hotel chk-in went like normal, but when we stepped into the room I knew the Marriott would have been better. It was smaller than any Embassy Suites i've ever stayed in and the couch had stains embedded in the fibers. The spots looked like some folks with jeri curl solution sat there forever. The bathroom was the worst i've ever stayed in and there was dirt, chips and stains everywhere. The 1st night was so hectic i didn't have a chance to complain but I did go to talk to someone the next day. I spoke with Ashley who was very nice and stated cleaning was gone for the day, but she would reduce my rate which I appreciated greatly, however I still didn't think it was enough. Lastly, the internet setup is utterly ridiculous!! It's $9.95 per day PER DEVICE we had 3 tablets and would have had to pay $30 per night 2x for everyone to use them. THAT IS INSANE!! Hotels please stop gouging people for wifi its such a disappointment.. I'm sure almost all of your customers want and need this service. God knows you charge insane prices for the rooms just because of the locations just include it in the price!

This is truly an unhappy Hilton customer, pictures coming soon!!

3  Thank kjoiner43

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. Please know we value all comments as they are shared with our Executive team for review and action. I invite you to contact the hotel directly as it is our intent to ensure each of your concerns are properly addressed.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Traveling with my family (including a 3 yrs old). After 6 hrs road trip, here is what my family and I was subject to at Embassy.

Issues I had:
- My reservation was at Embassy Suites, Monterey bay. On my arrival, I was asked to transfer to Hilton Garden due to overbooking at Embassy. Imagine unloading/loading baggage twice, carrying bags from the car to the hotel lobby and back, tired and cranky kid!!!
- Being transferred to a lower priced hotel in a location we had deliberately avoided in our search
- No use of prior reservation and Hilton Honor membership

Read more at Hilton Garden Inn reviews

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
3  Thank Phili5678

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and comments. We sincerely apologize in regards to the inconvience in having to pack and unpack luggage and being placed in another hotel. I invite you to contact me at the hotel directly as it is my intent to retain your loyalty to our Brand and Hotel in specific.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We made a last minute reservation for the memorial day weekend so got stuck with smoking rooms but once they sprayed and aired it, it was ok. It was very cold outside so we appreciated the heated pool a lot. The cocktail hour was great especially after swimming. It is not the biggest pool and it gets crowded at times, but still it was a good experience. The rooms were super quiet, and very clean. The inner design of the building is really nice with lots of light, plants, glass elevators. The breakfast was really good with lots of options. It makes a big difference when you have a big group with lots of kids, waking up at different hours, liking different stuff.
At a time when even the 2 star hotels was only 40$ cheaper, having the added value of breakfast, cocktail, free parking, indoor pool, I believe it was worth it.