1,988 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree happy hourorder omelettesmade to order breakfastcocktail hourmonterey bayfree breakfastsofa bedocean viewshort drivecannery rowcorner roomwe've stayedfisherman's wharfbig suryogurtpebble beach
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here for a work trip. The room was a nice place to stay after a long day. I had lots of room to relax and the reception in the evening was a nice diversion. The included breakfast was very good too.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Susan E
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I must start off by saying that my family and i travel a lot and Embassy Suites has always been in the top 2 of our hotel choices. This time it saddens me to say this stay was highly disappointing!!

My family and i visited the Monterey area for the Memorial Day weekend. I thought a nice weekend trip to the Monterey Aquarium would be great during the break. When we arrived at the hotel chk-in went like normal, but when we stepped into the room I knew the Marriott would have been better. It was smaller than any Embassy Suites i've ever stayed in and the couch had stains embedded in the fibers. The spots looked like some folks with jeri curl solution sat there forever. The bathroom was the worst i've ever stayed in and there was dirt, chips and stains everywhere. The 1st night was so hectic i didn't have a chance to complain but I did go to talk to someone the next day. I spoke with Ashley who was very nice and stated cleaning was gone for the day, but she would reduce my rate which I appreciated greatly, however I still didn't think it was enough. Lastly, the internet setup is utterly ridiculous!! It's $9.95 per day PER DEVICE we had 3 tablets and would have had to pay $30 per night 2x for everyone to use them. THAT IS INSANE!! Hotels please stop gouging people for wifi its such a disappointment.. I'm sure almost all of your customers want and need this service. God knows you charge insane prices for the rooms just because of the locations just include it in the price!

This is truly an unhappy Hilton customer, pictures coming soon!!

3  Thank joinkb

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. Please know we value all comments as they are shared with our Executive team for review and action. I invite you to contact the hotel directly as it is our intent to ensure each of your concerns are properly addressed.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Traveling with my family (including a 3 yrs old). After 6 hrs road trip, here is what my family and I was subject to at Embassy.

Issues I had:
- My reservation was at Embassy Suites, Monterey bay. On my arrival, I was asked to transfer to Hilton Garden due to overbooking at Embassy. Imagine unloading/loading baggage twice, carrying bags from the car to the hotel lobby and back, tired and cranky kid!!!
- Being transferred to a lower priced hotel in a location we had deliberately avoided in our search
- No use of prior reservation and Hilton Honor membership

Read more at Hilton Garden Inn reviews

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
3  Thank Phili5678

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience and comments. We sincerely apologize in regards to the inconvience in having to pack and unpack luggage and being placed in another hotel. I invite you to contact me at the hotel directly as it is my intent to retain your loyalty to our Brand and Hotel in specific.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We made a last minute reservation for the memorial day weekend so got stuck with smoking rooms but once they sprayed and aired it, it was ok. It was very cold outside so we appreciated the heated pool a lot. The cocktail hour was great especially after swimming. It is not the biggest pool and it gets crowded at times, but still it was a good experience. The rooms were super quiet, and very clean. The inner design of the building is really nice with lots of light, plants, glass elevators. The breakfast was really good with lots of options. It makes a big difference when you have a big group with lots of kids, waking up at different hours, liking different stuff.
At a time when even the 2 star hotels was only 40$ cheaper, having the added value of breakfast, cocktail, free parking, indoor pool, I believe it was worth it.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights while visiting the Monterey Bay Area. The hotel was clean, quiet, and accommodating staff. Free breakfast was very good and par with other Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor. It was quiet and the view was excellent. (when not foggy)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends