1,989 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree happy hourorder omelettesmade to order breakfastcocktail hourmonterey bayfree breakfastsofa bedocean viewshort drivecannery rowcorner roomwe've stayedfisherman's wharfbig suryogurtpebble beach
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We made a last minute reservation for the memorial day weekend so got stuck with smoking rooms but once they sprayed and aired it, it was ok. It was very cold outside so we appreciated the heated pool a lot. The cocktail hour was great especially after swimming. It is not the biggest pool and it gets crowded at times, but still it was a good experience. The rooms were super quiet, and very clean. The inner design of the building is really nice with lots of light, plants, glass elevators. The breakfast was really good with lots of options. It makes a big difference when you have a big group with lots of kids, waking up at different hours, liking different stuff.
At a time when even the 2 star hotels was only 40$ cheaper, having the added value of breakfast, cocktail, free parking, indoor pool, I believe it was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights while visiting the Monterey Bay Area. The hotel was clean, quiet, and accommodating staff. Free breakfast was very good and par with other Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor. It was quiet and the view was excellent. (when not foggy)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David J
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Embassy Suites always combines a beautiful hotel as well as a fine guest experience and the Monterey hotel was no exception. The rooms were well appointed though the carpet in room 210 was beginning to show wear. The bathroom was large enough to meet my expectations and the toiletries were very nice but not exceptional.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional and includes made to order omelets. The evening reception with free bar was also exceptional in every way.

Room Tip: Starbuck's was a short stroll away providing comfort on a rainy afternoon.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2012

With a free cooked breakfast in the morning, free transportation around town, restaurant, bar, gym and pool, this hotel had pretty much everything. The staff is extremely accommodating - I was here on business and had a few additional requirements that were met immediately. The suites are huge, clean and bright. Some rooms have balconys, which I would have liked but wasn't assigned for some reason. A great place to stay while in Monterey.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I don't expect 100% perfect service from a 3 1/2 star hotel but I do expect common courtesy from the hotel staff. So, be careful when you ask if the hotel shuttle can take you to a nearby restaurant. My wife and I wanted to try a restaurant that was only 5 min away from the hotel but didn't have a car and I am handicapped and can't walk a long distance so we asked the woman at the front desk if we could get a ride and she said yes. My wife told her she needed to get me and we would be back in 15 min, would that work, yes that would be fine. We came back to the front desk and she calls the driver who informed her he is on break and would not be able to drive us to the restaurant for 30 min, so the driver has taken control of the shuttle schedule and the guest is a second thought. This happened at 7:00 a night and the restaurant closes at 8:30 so we could not wait until 7:30 to leave the hotel. So, we didn't go..
The hotel rooms are very nice, the breakfast is great and the managers reception is OK... The OK reception is based on 1 bar tender, 2 bad beer taps and 30/40 guest trying to be served within a 10 min time frame (remember you must stand in line).
I am a Diamond member and would stay stay in this hotel again but would ask for the manager on duty if I had a problem with the shuttle again....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAPTRON83
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us as we value your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the appropiate persons for review. We consider our complimentary shuttle service very important to our guests and will continue to provide shuttle services as to accomodate all transportation requests.
Myron M.