1,989 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree happy hourorder omelettesmade to order breakfastcocktail hourmonterey bayfree breakfastsofa bedocean viewshort drivecannery rowcorner roomwe've stayedfisherman's wharfbig suryogurtpebble beach
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting Monterey and was surprised to see how far away the hotel was from Monterey town- a good 10 minute drive. The parking in Monterey was also rather pricy. Our room was on the 5th floor and it was lovely and quiet- one thing I would mention was that the windows on the outside were rather dirty and could have done with a good clean- I think this was because it was overlooking a busy intersection. Even though there was an intersection nearby, we rarely heard a noise except the odd siren here and there but nothing major. The rooms were lovely and clean and the staff were all very helpful when we needed assistance.
A big downside to this hotel would be the breakfast. As breakfast is included in the room price, understandably, people use it. This unfortunatly led to huge queues and lots of children running and shouting- rather noisy and stressful!! There was a severe lack of seating-some people were even sat on the floor with thier trays on thier laps!
I used the computer room at the hotel to check emails and such and the computers were very quick and easy to use with access to a printer as well.
Overall, we found the hotel to be good- the rooms were lovely but the breakfast madness and location really let it down for me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JelliGirlSW
Reviewed April 23, 2012

While on an organized tour, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Monterey and found it a wonderful place. The hotel is 12 stories, with an open atrium. Rooms all have a living room with sofa, chair and dining table and a nice bedroom. There is also a nice wet bar.

Breakfast includes an omelet station and a good variety of fruit, juices, and other breakfast items.

Each evening, the hotel has a free open bar with snacks from 5:30-7:30. The drinks are not watered down and are served by friendly, happy bartenders.

We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that but everything else was great, including the laundry facilities for customer use.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cuda00
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear guest,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return. Your comments will be shared with the team here at the Embassy Suites on the Monterey Bay.
Myron M.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was here for 2 nights in April 2012. The room is HUGE!!! You can really spread out. They have a sitting room, a BIG bathroom and a huge bedroom. Very clean, very nice place! A short drive to/from Fishermans Wharf. I LOVE the Happy Hour they have. It is a great way to meet fellow travelers, you can hang out here..then head to the Wharf to shop or eat. The restaurant in the hotel is nice, the menu could have a bit more to pick from. There is a Chili's on property as well.
The gift shop is very nice, cute reasonably priced items as well. The free breakfast was DELISH!!! You can have your very own omelette. I would go back again, in a second.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank seashell0412
Reviewed April 13, 2012

On the afternoon of our arrival my husband & sons wanted to enjoy the indoor swimming pool. It was freezing! The jacuzzi was nice & hot though, but the whole area is not very safe for children. One poor little girl slipped and fell flat on her back! She wasn't running, but the floors are very wet and slippery.

My shower was cold the following morning (at 8am, I expected that there should have been enough hot water for all of the rooms, but that was not the case). I told my husband not to even bother with a shower, because it would have been miserable.

We went downstairs to breakfast. The (powdered) eggs and gummy pancakes were barely tolerable, but the bacon was crispy and the potatoes were delicious. When I went for coffee, I was greeted by the most charming young lady (Michelle Simpson). Her customer service was so impecible, that it nearly made up for the cold shower that morning. Her smile was warm and sincere, and she wouldn't even let me bend over to pick up something I'd dropped on the floor! She even offered to carry my tray (and my husband's tray). She was just precious.

When we were checking out, Jennifer assisted us. I had a question/dispute about the bill. There was a charge (it stated "open food" with no other explanation) from the first day of our stay. We didn't dine in the restaurant, and we hadn't ordered room service, so it was a mystery as to why the charge appeared. Jennifer seemed very suspicious, but reluctantly agreed to remove the charge, claiming that she believed me. When I arrived home, and started unpacking, it hit me! The charge was for a fruit/cheese platter that I'd ordered weeks before our arrival. In any case, I called the hotel immediately to make sure that we paid for the items. I asked for Jennifer, who seemed truly surprised that I was calling and thanked me for my honest. She then proceeded to inform me that she had already reported it to the Accountant (who had already sent me an email). Had the bill been clearer, or had it at least stated the date that the item was *ordered*, the whole matter would have been a non-issue.

Overall, I'm not sure if we would stay here again. The food was so-so; the beds were hard; the sheets smelled overtly of bleach; but the customer service, for the most part, was outstanding. There were also two gentlemen who were extremely helpful (one even ran after me to return the sunglasses I'd left on the breakfast table Monday morning). I'm ashamed to say I didn't get their names, because they deserve many kudos.

The proximity to the Monterey Bay Aquarium was okay but not fabulous. And the only local restaurant nearby is a Chilis across the parking lot. However, a few blocks away (if you happen to miss the 9am cutoff for the free breakfast buffet), there's a good little diner (Del Rey, I think). Of course, if you're visiting the aquarium, there are plenty of good restaurants in Monterey proper.

The best thing about any Embassy Suites is that they have an actual door that closes between the bedroom, and the livingroom/pull-out sofa area, which is helpful if your children have a different bedtime than the grown-ups.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the lake (the other side just faces the street with views of traffic).
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara J
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies in regards to your stay with us. You comments will be shared with the the team for review. Our indoor pool will be renovated May 13th through May 24th of this year. We understand our complimentary services and indoor pool are pilliars and key to our success and thus we make every attempt to ensure these areas exceed expectations. We hope you return and again, thank you for your comments.
Myron M.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I work for a tour operator - and had a student group of 160 people stay here recently for one night. Throughout the tour we stayed at the ES San Diego Downtown, ES Brea, ES Monterey, and ES Burlingame. This location was the only one with a double sided buffet line for breakfast - plus had an additional line setup anticipating the large breakfast crowds. The staff clearly looks ahead to make sure they are prepared - and that is appreciated. They were also completely ready upon check-in (unlike ES Burlingame) - and agreed to every request we made. I'm picky on the stars - so please know that 4 is still a great property for me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business