1,989 results
All reviewsevening receptionfree happy hourorder omelettesmade to order breakfastcocktail hourmonterey bayfree breakfastsofa bedocean viewshort drivecannery rowcorner roomwe've stayedfisherman's wharfbig suryogurtpebble beach
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Don't get me wrong, we love the Embassy Suites brand, but we got such poor treatment at this one we felt compelled to post our bad experience so others could be aware that this Embassy Suites does not want your business if you want to book rooms for a wedding. We live locally and wanted to block 25 rooms (with a guarantee) for out of town guests that would be here for our daughter's wedding. We left several messages for the group sales staff. After 2 weeks of no return calls, I left a message for the General Manager to advise him of our unsuccessful attempts and to ask for his assistance. Even the General Manager didn't call back! Out of frustration, I went directly to the hotel where I met with a young manager who, although she graciously apologized, advised the hotel really doesn't like to block rooms for weddings because they rarely sell out the blocked rooms. After some discussion and my offer to sign an agreement to guarantee a minimum room sales, she promised to call me the next day after she had a chance to work out a discounted rate for our group. Next day, no call, late that evening I received an email to advice they anticipate having a full house the week of the wedding so the best rate she could give was less than $20 off the rack rate. What a slap in the face after the poor service we already received. The fact they don't care to block rooms for wedding guests is one point, the fact they don't want to offer a group rate is another, but the total lack of customer care and service by this Embassy Suites is a total shame. Boo on you Embassy Suites Seaside!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ersellsre
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued comments as we take all comments seriously and make every attempt to correct negative experiences here at the Embassy Suites on the Monterey Bay. I can assure you that we welcome wedding events as we consider such events as memorable moments in regards to the perception of our services and staff. Frequently, our garden skylight atrium is reserved for the actual wedding ceremony in which the Bride descends from the top floor as her groom awaits, cameras flashing as friends and family cheer. Our Presidential suite overlooking the beautiful Monterey Bay and Pacific Ocean is normally reserved for the Bride and Groom as our Sales and Catering Staff, Executive Chef and Banquet Teams review every detail to ensure memorable moments. Your comments will be shared with the Executive Committee and I invite you to contact the GM personally for resolution. Please accept our sincerest apology and we hope to here from you soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed in Monterey for one night whilst on our trip down the Cabrillo Highway. Typically, I am not a big Embassy Suites fan due to the darkness in the sitting area. This ES has a sliding glass door in the sitting area and then a large window in the bedroom. The floor plan was very pleasing.

The manager's reception only offered chips and salsa instead of cheese and crackers and veggies I have had at other ES.

The staff were very friendly and offered free water and snacks upon arrival and departure (Gold members). The made to order breakfast was also very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room if you are choosing an ocean view to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Had a couple of issues when arriving caused by myself booking the wrong dates but ashleigh on check in was AMAZING and helped sort out all our problems and even rung another embassy suites which we are staying in later to sort out dates there. The room and views where amazing had panaramic views of the ocean and my wife loved to proximity of starbucks across the road. Used the swimming pool and breakfast and both were fantastic. The staff are a credit to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2012
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us. I have informed the associate mentioned and have shared your comments with the staff here at the embassy suites on the Monterey Bay. We look forward to your return.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in 2006, and we still talk about it positively. The rooms are spacious as you'd expect - but at the time, they were nicer than I would've expected. Service was very good, and the happy hour was legendary. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Myron M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit as it is our intent to ensure each visit is memorable. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and hotel in specific.
sincerely,

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was hesitant about this hotel after some of the negative reviews here so I called Hilton International and I got a call back from Connie at the hotel and after a good conversation with her I went ahead with my reservation ( travellers - it is up to us to check things out!!). I am so glad we stayed here - it was a great hotel for a family with all the amenities and none of the complaints written by others were experienced by us. Michael the valet was very helpful in getting us settled in to our 12 floor suite with a great view of the ocean. The hotel filled up while we were there with a large convention and the hotel staff managed both the reception and the breakfast very well. The breakfast crew were friendly and helpful and cleared and restocked as fast as they could. The options for food were plentiful and varied and we enjoyed every breakfast.
The pool and hot tub and the business centre were all well used by us and much enjoyed.
Overall we had a great stay and would stay here again. We would request a high suite with an ocean view.(we had no traffic noise except for a few sirens now and then) and the elevators worked fast enough even when it was a rush time (like breakfast).
Very convenient to Monterey and an easy walk to the beach. Starbucks coffee in the gift shop in the lobby or across the street.

Room Tip: The higher you are the less the lobby/atrium noise will bother you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you had a wonderful experience. The associates you commended have been informed as your comments have been shared with the staff here at the Embassy Suites on the Monterey Bay. Our indoor heated pool, Complimentary Managers Reception and Complimentary Breakfast are key components and we feel it is essential that we exceed expectations in these areas. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your return visit.