1,998 results
All reviews evening reception free happy hour order omelettes indoor pool made to order breakfast cocktail hour monterey bay free breakfast sofa bed ocean view short drive cannery row corner room we've stayed fisherman's wharf big sur yogurt
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and we quite excited to be in Seaside. Embassy Suites had always been so nice in the past and felt comfortable paying the amount for the mini-suite. We arrived to loud techno music playing from the outside speakers of the hotel to start. The staff was friendly and there were two weddings (or one very large one) going on that night, so it was packed with people in the middle.
We arrived to our room to find the curtains broken on both the outside to the deck area broken and the privacy to our room as well. In the bathroom, under the sink, was disgusting. There was hair, a rubber band, and other dirt underneath. We ended up wearing flip-flops into the bathroom it was so disgusting. In addition, the bathtub, had a dingy, rolled up bathmat in the corner.
On our way out to leave for dinner, I stopped by the front desk to mention it to the front desk clerk. I have many years of experience working in hotels and know this is common practice to alert them if something is wrong. He smiled, continued what he was doing, walked over to another room, which I assume was the night auditor and said to alert security that the bathroom was messy. Nothing was ever done. The dismissiveness of the clerk was unacceptable and there were many people who could have remedied the situation; especially for the price paid. I will be sending a formal complain to them as soon as possible.

I will never stay at another Embassy Suites again!!

Room Tip: DO not stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank buddabella
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Embassy Suites were once a very nice hotel but now they are getting old and tired. The decor is outdated. The bathroom was old. The atrium has seen better times. The service was fine and the staff very accomodating. For some reason music is piped outside at the entrance at a high level. Yes there is a free happy hour with the basic drinks. There were also snacks at the cheapest level.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GregoryOrangeCounty
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Happy with our stay in Monterey at Embassy Suites. I was happy to see that this hotel was very clean, and not at all like the reviews I have read. This hotel is well taken care of with excellent staff. Our room, #608 was a corner king suite with balcony, oversized....the layout of the rooms on this bayside all have the living room leading to sliding glass doors out to balcony, versus typical ES layout of living room having window facing atrium/interior corridor which makes for more privacy with no one walking by to look in your room! The only bad thing is their pillows! Flat pillows, are the worse thing ever! They had these same awful pillows at the Hilton Santa Cruz last year, so it must be a Hilton thing! Our room was enormous, and in excellent condition. This was a very convenient hotel for our visit to the Monterey region. It is not more than 5 minutes from the wharf. The breakfast was excellent. Many choices, along with a nice restaurant, and welcome reception at night. The gift shop needs to lower their prices! The pool area was nice, warm pool and jacuzzi, and yes, slippery tile, but they did have a long runner from pool to jacuzzi to help with that. Oh, yes...the best thing was the awesome upgrade! I booked a double bed non smoking room, but was upgraded to the king corner bayview suite when I asked if they would consider an upgrade as we were staying 3 nights, and it was a special Birthday trip for our child. The bayside rooms are very noisy with the road, Del Monte Blvd, and the Highway 1 very near...so if you want quiet..opt for the other side of the property! The traffic does not stop! We had no problems with the elevators. We had no problems with our check in, or check out. Oh...there are no video games, pay per view video gaming like most Embassy Suites, which was a bummer for our child, but they are working on a new system for cable, movies, games etc...according to a manager. There is a nice gameroom with billiard tables by the evening reception, and also the koi are nice to look at along with the turtle...the atrium is beautiful, and it doesn't smell like bleach like some ES atriums with water features smell like. Housekeeping could have been better. I had to go ask for tp, tissues, soap, things were not restocked as needed, but this only happened one day, and the regular staff was off, so we realized what happened. Nothing that I couldn't fix easily myself. I was only surprised that knowing we were on a special Birthday for our child, and having met him that the staff didn't send a card up or attempt to do anything special for him, knowing we chose to celebrate there at the hotel. When we stayed at Embassy Suites Tahoe one year, they sent up a card, and dessert, cake, for a party, from the restaurant, no charges, and also an Embassy Suites stuffed bear...it was very nice. I guess that would fall under the category of attention to detail, but I shouldn't have expected anything...it would have been nice though.

Room Tip: If you want a large room, ask for the corner room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WesternSkyline
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a throw back to the golden girls' era of the 1980s - not that this is a bad thing!

The suite we stayed in was massive - the ensuite bedroom was completely separate from the living room and kitchen - it even had a dining room table and big balcony. Although, the view leaves a lot to be desired.

The location is great if you are planning to visit Monterey or Carmel but there is nothing in the immediate vicinity that is off interest. Although, Monterey Lanes bowling alley is near by and for a bit of The Big Lebowski experience I would recommend playing a couple of frames.

The tarrif includes a breakfast buffet which has a great selection - including an omelet bar. There is also an evening restaurant but I did not eat here so I shall reserve comment.

The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and a newspaper - USA Today- is left at your door each morning.

There is an indoor pool which stays open quite late and has an adult only hour at the end of the day and - which seems to mean a lot to Americans and maybe the rest of the World's population- there is a Starbucks in the lobby!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This review is actually for my stay in May 2010.

Likes: 1.) Manager's reception = free snacks (goldfish, popcorn), soda and mixed drinks/wine. 2.) Complimentary breakfast = delicious! And saves money for a family of 5. 3.) Rooms you can count on: double beds in room, sofa bed in sitting area, mini bar area, clean bathroom. 4.) Free parking. 5.) Next to Chili's should you get hungry.

Dislikes: 1.) Our room overlooked the parking lot & Chili's. 2.) Far away enough from the pier that you save $$ BUT not close enough to go for a walk midnight. walk.

• Stayed: May 2011