I stayed overnight last Sunday at the Holiday Inn Express-Seaside after a long day at the Monterey Jazz Festival. The property is conveniently located off of Highway 1 and I arrived shortly before 11:00 p.m.; check-in was a breeze. As I exchanged pleasantries with the friendly, front desk staffer, I noticed off to the right of the lobby a room which looked to be the breakfast dining area. I made the comment: "Oh-- I see that's where we have breakfast." The clerk explained that the breakfast dining area was actually around the corner from the lobby and that this room to the side of the lobby was the breakfast "over-flow" room. This is something that you guest will want to remember if the breakfast area is full with no place to sit. I mention this because I've read several of the reviews below mine complaining of a full breakfast room. And speaking of the actual breakfast area, it's as spacious as any other I've seen at a HI Express property. The difference is that this hotel is larger than the average Express, having five stories of rooms so you can see how the breakfast area can get crowded if the hotel is full or near full. Staying on the breakfast topic, I will say that the Holiday Inn properties have some of the best coffee I've ever tasted :-) Whether you have the Fancy Gourmet or French Roast blend-- it's all good! Going back to the room... mine was attractive and tastefully furnished with a king-size bed. However, I have notice that the king-size beds at the Holiday Inn Express properties are on the firm side, firmer than I like. The queen and full-size beds I've slept in have been not as firm and way more comfortable. No two Holiday Inn Express I've stayed in, and there have been at least a dozen, have looked the same. This property is the largest Express I've stayed at and the first one I've seen with a swimming pool. My room was located on the third floor and faced Highway 1 which wasn't a problem for me. However, for those of you that would have a problem with a room facing the highway will want to keep this in mind and request a room on the backside of the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express - Monterey Bay (Del Monte Beach Area), CA. We are conveniently located off Hwy 1, just 2 blocks from the beach where you can enjoy a leisurely walk along Monterey's gorgeous coastline. We are at the gateway to the area's most popular attractions only 2 miles north of Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf, 3 miles north of Cannery Row, the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, and minutes from world-class golf at Pebble Beach. Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway is just a short 4 miles from our front door. The quaint seaside town of Carmel-by-the-Sea is a must see, and just 7 miles south via Hwy 1. After a day of exploring the Monterey Peninsula, return to our friendly hotel and relax. We offer 143, 100% non-smoking comfortable newly designed guestrooms and an outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. You may also enjoy an invigorating work out in our on-site fitness center. Join us each morning for our Complimentary Express Start HOT Breakfast Bar featuring scrambled eggs or cheese omelettes, bacon, sausage, or sausauge gravy and biscuits with our hot cinnamon rolls and over 20 other items. / Check your email or go online on your laptop with our free wireless internet access. We are Committed to Extraordinary Service Assuring Satisfaction & a good night rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay Hotel Seaside
- Holiday Inn Seaside
- Holiday Inn Express Seaside
- Holiday Inn Monterey Bay