I booked this hotel through hotwire. I was hoping for a 3 star in Monterey but I ended up with the Holiday Inn Express in Seaside. On top of not getting the area that I wanted booking through Hotwire actually cost me a few more dollars then it would have been booking directly through the hotel. So actually this hotel is a very affordable option when booking in Monterey if you do not mind driving a lot. Every time we wanted to go in to downtown Monterey it was at least a 10 minute drive, often longer. As for the property:
-Very nice Staff
-Decently decorated and clean rooms
-Easily accessible from your car (motel style)
-Nice TV in room
-Free toiletries available at request (thank goodness because it was COLD and we all 3 of us girls forgot a razors)
-Small room (we were bumping in to each other a lot while getting ready)
-Really gross breakfast (we all picked at our plates for a few minutes then decided to go to a bakery we saw in Monterey) PS Paris Bakery is amazing!
-No indoor pool and even though it was heated it was still to cold for me to enjoy swimming, even though my 2 year old made me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express - Monterey Bay (Del Monte Beach Area), CA. We are conveniently located off Hwy 1, just 2 blocks from the beach where you can enjoy a leisurely walk along Monterey's gorgeous coastline. We are at the gateway to the area's most popular attractions only 2 miles north of Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf, 3 miles north of Cannery Row, the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, and minutes from world-class golf at Pebble Beach. Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway is just a short 4 miles from our front door. The quaint seaside town of Carmel-by-the-Sea is a must see, and just 7 miles south via Hwy 1. After a day of exploring the Monterey Peninsula, return to our friendly hotel and relax. We offer 143, 100% non-smoking comfortable newly designed guestrooms and an outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. You may also enjoy an invigorating work out in our on-site fitness center. Join us each morning for our Complimentary Express Start HOT Breakfast Bar featuring scrambled eggs or cheese omelettes, bacon, sausage, or sausauge gravy and biscuits with our hot cinnamon rolls and over 20 other items. / Check your email or go online on your laptop with our free wireless internet access. We are Committed to Extraordinary Service Assuring Satisfaction & a good night rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay Hotel Seaside
- Holiday Inn Seaside
- Holiday Inn Express Seaside
- Holiday Inn Monterey Bay