Holiday Inn Express At Monterey Bay
$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sand Castle Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$64
Travelocity
Discovery Inn(Seaside)
$55
$90
All reviewsthe breakfast areamonterey areafree breakfastyogurtconvenient locationtop flooreasy accessbeds were comfortableminute drivethe room was niceroad tripfisherman's wharfpebble beachocean viewfreewayaquarium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

we have stayed last week for 1 night
the price was an attraction but we came very frustrated from the whole experience .the lady at the front desk was very unpleasant , well maybe because it was 11 pm or because she was alone in her shift .
When I was asking an extra towel to match the amout of guests accimodating the room I was answers that I should come down stairs to pick it as she has no staff . our mates who had 2 rooms had an issue withe the air conditioning and were also responded in a very aggressive attitude .
breakfast room is too small to handle the guests and the counters are very busy .
guests bump to each other .
despite we booked a room indicating 2 adults and a child we had only 1 double bed to Squeeze into .
I had to be assertive to get a tool a way bed .
Monterey is a beautiful city to visit . don't miss it but pay more and stay at the interconti right olong the fishermens ward
they also have there a very good restaurant for lunch . kids will also enjoy it

• Stayed: August 2012
Stacy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express At Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Karl Jerusalem

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I want you to know that I will be looking into your stay to see who checked you in and who was on shift the night that you were here and will be passing the information along with your review to the department manager. I am very sorry that you had to deal with attitude upon arrival, regardless of the agents situation it should never be apparent to the guest, and I hope you except my apology.
As for the room, we do not always know the guests situation when assigning the rooms, but at check in they should have noticed you needed additional sleeping accommodations. Did you try asking the front office agent to see if we had rooms with 2 double beds available, or rollaway? I am sure that would have been more comfortable than trying to fit 3 people into a one bedded room.
I do have to admit during our busy time of year, the breakfast room does get full; we do offer additional overflow seating located near the lobby, just for that reason.
We take our guest reviews very seriously and if we are not aware of the issues we are not able to correct them and offer the great customer service that guest have known to love and appreciate. I personally appreciate your feedback and I hope that the next time you are in the area; you will give us another opportunity to offer you the customer service you as “OUR” guest so well deserve, along with a restful night’s sleep for 3.

Thank you again for your review and I will follow up in regards to your check in experience.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We loved the location at this hotel - just a short drive into Monterey, walking distance to Chilis and to a park with a lake. The rooms were quite small, especially the bathrooms. It was a tight fit for the three of us. I do wish there was a way to fit a small refrigerator but it would be doubtful due to the space constraints. The room was clean as was the breakfast room in the morning. Breakfast is good - the usual Holiday Inn Express fare with eggs, meat, and those cinnamon rolls they are known for. The hot tub was warm enough, but even though the pool was heated it was still too cold to use. The freeway was noisy, so ask for a higher floor. The fifth floor location also gave us an ocean view. Overall, a good value for the very expensive Monterey-area.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor due to freeway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear where2next2010 ,

Thank you for the kind review, we do our best to offer our guest with the cleanliness that they have known to love and expect when staying with Holiday Inn Express. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the views of Roberts Lake and the Pacific Ocean. We recently renovated the bathrooms, realizing they are on the tiny side for 3 trying to get ready, I am sure the tight quarters were frustrating. I hope that you found the new decor and appearance function able and accommodating. All in all it appears that you had a great experience and even had the opportunity to enjoy our yummy cinnamon rolls, our breakfast staff does a great job in providing our guest with a warn hot breakfast each day. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing; I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Found this room on Hotwire with 30 mins notice. Love that! It was a budget price and it felt like a budget room. The entrance to our room was in a outdoor hallway on the 4th floor. The room was nice and clean but very tight quarters for a family of 4. The bathroom sink area was cramped. We stayed on night. We liked the location to all we would need. The only real complaint is that the walls were very thin and we could hear everything. :{ We heard everyone talking outside and at night I heard the room upstairs walking around and even flushing the toilet. It wasn't the most restful night. The upside is that the person checking us in was very pleasant and helpful with directions. We slept through the free breakfast. The price was right with Hotwire but full price would have been a disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Stacy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express At Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Christina C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. As an older property with outdoor corridors, you are able to hear the guest in the walkways and sometimes in the other room. I do apologize you didn’t receive a restful night sleep. I’m sure that if you would of called down to the front desk, they would of been more than happy to move you to another room, or ask the guest in the neighboring rooms to keep the noise level down. All in all it seems like you enjoyed your stay with us and found the price on a 3rd party booking site to be of value and within your budget. I hope the next time you are in the Monterey area that you will allow us to accommodate your lodging needs.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

On our way from LA to SFO we stopped here for a night. This was the only hotel (in the budget category) that I found value for money during our road trip. The Location is good with lakes around the beach is 5 min drive. But the outdoor pool is not much of a use as it was cold and raining. The rooms are ok but the bath was small. The breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Prannay
Stacy L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express At Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Prannay

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm happy to read that you found the property to be of "VAULE", we do our very best to bring valuable saving to our guest. I am sorry to hear that the weather didn't cooperate and you weren't able to enjoy the outdoor pool / spa; usually September is one of the best times to visit the area. Hopefully the next time you visit Monterey, you will stay with us again and be able to enjoy the sun and relax poolside.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Location nice, pretty view from room. The bad and the downright ugly: WIFI never worked, staff much too nonchalant about fixing it, a nuisance as I was there for a conference and needed Wifi. The ugly: I walked and exercised in my nylon socks and also barefoot on the room carpet. After 15 minutes, my soles were absolutely black from dirt in the carpet. I could not believe it, so I washed my feet and and ' experimented.' Soles were black again after a few minutes. I took pictures of my feet /soles. Spoke with manager,sent her the pictures, she promised to make some adjustment on my charge but never followed up. I would not recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank auntieannie2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At Monterey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear auntieannie2,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location and the view from your room.

However, We’re sorry about the poor Internet connectivity and the cleanliness of the carpet. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.