“a place to lay your head”

Americas Best Value Inn-Seaside North
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We found an amazing deal online, far cheaper than any other hotel in the area, so my expectations were pretty low already. The hotel is right off the freeway, so convenient for sure! Not far were shops and eateries as well. It's not the best neighborhood so don't go for an evening stroll if you're smart. The hotel manager was kind and courteous to us and was able to provide us with a smoking room and our daughter and her friend a non smoking room. The rooms were just ok, but that's what I paid for. I bring my own cleaning supplies and lysol just to be safe and did use them. The remote didn't work in our room but our daughter's room seemed to be more recently updated. Mattress and pillow were above par but carpet was dingy. Since we only used this hotel for a place to rest on our travels, it was perfectly fine, especially for what we paid. I would actually stay here again not only because of its proximity to freeway and conveniences, but for the price it was a good night's sleep. Oh, almost forgot, as we were checking out, there was fresh coffee brewing in the office and some packaged danishes that were perfect for us before our drive. :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn-Seaside North

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The location is ok, just a few minutes from Monterey and Cannery Row, sort of just on the side of a road. Parking lot is too small in size and capacity and awkward to navigate. The room smelled very strange, my daughter thought it smelled like celery, maybe bad celery. The linens were rough and didn't stay on the bed, the towels and wash cloths were stained. The family running the place seemed nice enough but communication was difficult with a language barrier. The price was cheap, but you definitely felt like you were staying in a run down motel. I don't think I'd ever stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I can't say too much about the motel that's overly negative. For two business travelers, staying for three nights, it fit the bill and saved us some money.
The good: Room was clean, check-in and extending for a night was smooth & hassle-free.
The mediocre: Vending machines lack variety and parking is a bit of a premium space-wise.
The bad: Lots of people hanging around outside of rooms, street noise was pretty high and adjoining room guests were noisy well into the night.
My advice would be not to choose this hotel if you're traveling with children.
However, as a whole, if you're not expecting luxury but want a clean place to stay at a decent price, this motel meets your expectations.

Room Tip: Plan to get a parking space before dinner time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed ole night In October 2013 and I ll recommended this motel.
It a very clean. People are helpfull
Close too the center.
Parking and internet is useful
Good address
I paid 42$ without taxes which is not expensive at all

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Guillaume B
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was cheap for the area, so I wouldn't gripe, but seemed like questionable people were living there. Every time I left my room a large dog down the corridor barked threateningly. The room next to us had muffled rock music going until 5AM accompanied by a woman whooping intermittantly! Somewhere, earlier in the evening, I could hear a Mexican woman speaking quickly and non-stop (on the phone) for quite a long time. The room was clean enough (found no bedbugs), and adequate. Complimentary breakfast consisted of a packaged roll, and some tang. No coffee to be found in the "lobby", nor a host to give our key to upon checking out. We had called five times to change our reservation and finally gave up, arriving on the later date we'd decided on. The woman we spoke with seemed not to know what to do with us, making references to the manager coming in at various times. She took our number with each call and nobody called back. But, there was no charge for the change. Not even a mention of it. Parking was really terrible, I'd hate to have come back late. This place is not for the faint of heart........

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ladyinkona
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Absolutely worst hotel I have ever come close to staying in! I was overbooked on a traveling agency website which I also do not recommend (booking.com), and was referred to stay here.The people there were rude and unpleasant and the whole hotel looks like a warehouse so naturally I was frightened to see the rooms. I was told that they only had one room left and it was smoking, which would be a problem because I have asthma. The owner did let us see the room before we booked it but when we walked to the room we were frightened by the outside. The window in our room was smashed and had duck tape covering up the broken parts of it. When we walked in the room the smell was just awful, my boyfriend and I could barely breath. Not to mention the dust, dirt and spider webs coating the walls and furniture topped off with the cracks in the walls and ceiling. Unfortunately we were in a hurry and on our way to a wedding so we booked this room for the night thinking we could look for another place after the wedding. We came back 30 minutes later to find that we would not be refunded even after I told them I had asthma and couldn't stay in the smoking room. I was charged $257 for a piece of garbage room I didn't stay in. I did not realize that I would be charged even though it had only been 30 minutes. Shame on them. Do NOT stay here even if you are desperate for a room!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sharronw
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed only one night, view of a homeless encampment out my window, noisy and on a main road. Overpriced but the room interior was nice and clean, the furniture was newer and the bed was comfortable.
Left my phone charger in the room and guess what happened when I called...YOU GUESSED IT "WE DON'T HAVE IT".
Took forever to get checked in and no-one was in front of us. Their customer skills leave much to be desired and Stay if you must for comfort it will work, for pleasure it wont.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hockeygirl77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Sand Castle Inn
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay
Monterey Bay Inn
Monterey Bay Inn
#5 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Seaside North? Share your experiences!