Americas Best Value Inn-Seaside North
$196
$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sand Castle Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$66
$60
Orbitz.com
$63
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was cheap for the area, so I wouldn't gripe, but seemed like questionable people were living there. Every time I left my room a large dog down the corridor barked threateningly. The room next to us had muffled rock music going until 5AM accompanied by a woman whooping intermittantly! Somewhere, earlier in the evening, I could hear a Mexican woman speaking quickly and non-stop (on the phone) for quite a long time. The room was clean enough (found no bedbugs), and adequate. Complimentary breakfast consisted of a packaged roll, and some tang. No coffee to be found in the "lobby", nor a host to give our key to upon checking out. We had called five times to change our reservation and finally gave up, arriving on the later date we'd decided on. The woman we spoke with seemed not to know what to do with us, making references to the manager coming in at various times. She took our number with each call and nobody called back. But, there was no charge for the change. Not even a mention of it. Parking was really terrible, I'd hate to have come back late. This place is not for the faint of heart........

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ladyinkona
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Absolutely worst hotel I have ever come close to staying in! I was overbooked on a traveling agency website which I also do not recommend (booking.com), and was referred to stay here.The people there were rude and unpleasant and the whole hotel looks like a warehouse so naturally I was frightened to see the rooms. I was told that they only had one room left and it was smoking, which would be a problem because I have asthma. The owner did let us see the room before we booked it but when we walked to the room we were frightened by the outside. The window in our room was smashed and had duck tape covering up the broken parts of it. When we walked in the room the smell was just awful, my boyfriend and I could barely breath. Not to mention the dust, dirt and spider webs coating the walls and furniture topped off with the cracks in the walls and ceiling. Unfortunately we were in a hurry and on our way to a wedding so we booked this room for the night thinking we could look for another place after the wedding. We came back 30 minutes later to find that we would not be refunded even after I told them I had asthma and couldn't stay in the smoking room. I was charged $257 for a piece of garbage room I didn't stay in. I did not realize that I would be charged even though it had only been 30 minutes. Shame on them. Do NOT stay here even if you are desperate for a room!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sharronw
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed only one night, view of a homeless encampment out my window, noisy and on a main road. Overpriced but the room interior was nice and clean, the furniture was newer and the bed was comfortable.
Left my phone charger in the room and guess what happened when I called...YOU GUESSED IT "WE DON'T HAVE IT".
Took forever to get checked in and no-one was in front of us. Their customer skills leave much to be desired and Stay if you must for comfort it will work, for pleasure it wont.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hockeygirl77
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This place is a serious dump. It's very noisy; practically right on top of a very busy street and close to the freeway. Dirty and run down on the outside. Stench of Indian food permeates. Room itself wasn't horrible; actually fairly roomy. Family of owners hung around and kept door to service facilities open so their private discussions were broadcast to anyone who walked by. Worst part; never before have had this happen in hundreds of nights staying in motels, in the middle of the night my locked door was opened and a flashlight was cast about the room. The intruder stated "I am man u jar" in his broken English and promptly retreated. Scared the hell out of me. Complaint the next morning when I checked out was basically shrugged off with a perfunctory apology. Not worth the cheap price.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dscgolf
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'll start with the not-so-good. The room was pretty stuffy and there was no fan or air conditioning. Granted, it's usually cool in Seaside but the room just had some stale air, and it would have been nice to move it around a bit. Opening the window was fine but the motel is on a fairly busy street so it was noisy (but quiet with the window closed). My only other 'not so good' was that the bed was a little too soft for my taste.

And onto the good: it was cheap! $50 a night to stay 4 minutes away from Monterey--good bargain. It was clean! No, it's not a fancy room. It's a motel, heavy on function; light on form. It was furnished with a microwave and small fridge which we appreciated and took advantage of. The shower was hot! It had free wifi! It had a hair dryer! The woman at the front desk was very nice!

So to avoid disappointment, understand what you are getting: a basic no frills inexpensive clean room in a good location. Would I stay here again? Yep. Would I recommend this motel to someone else? It would really depend on what they were looking for. Plush room with a comfy robe? Nope--stay elsewhere. Travelers on a budget looking for a place to crash? Sure. Perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple