“Wish I ordered what my boyfriend did!”

La Tortuga Torteria
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

After spending a day at the wharf, my boyfriend and I were looking for something other than seafood. We were staying at a hotel on North Fremont, so we decided to venture out. La Tortuga was one of the first Mexican places that caught our eye! Outside, the restaurant looks run down, but the excitement came when I took a look at the menu!
They had many authentic choices. I ended up playing it safe and ordering a torta de asada. My bf ordered a huge burrito.

My torta was OK. Nothing great. The green salsa that came on the side was so tasty! It was super spicy, so a little went a long way.

My boyfriend's burrito was amazing. The grilled onions were such a tasteful touch!

Overall, the service was good, the place was clean, and the waitress was helpful. I would go back and try some of their more authentic food choices.

There are newer reviews for La Tortuga Torteria

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here at 8:30 on a saturday night. We were craving "Hole in the wall" type Mexican food with no frills attached. This place fit the bill perfectly!

I had a " Burrito de Asada" with everything. It was just what I was craving and was huge!!!! It must have weighed well over a pound! I loved it!

My girlfriend had a "Torta de Asada" with everything on it. This one was "ok". It was big and used whole "Asada" steaks instead of the usual chopped up Asada that I use to. It also had a cheese type sauce that didn't really fit the style of sandwich. But it was still really good and tasted really fresh.

Also the menu is huge and very diverse.

I highly recommend this place to anyone craving great Mexican food at a great price.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

The food was okay here, but the service wasn't that great and there was no ice in the water so it was tepid. I wouldn't eat here again.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Family-friendly atmosphere and great wait staff. Took my son's family there for lunch. The food was excellent, and the portions were huge. The wait staff kept asking if we wanted more chips and salsa. They seemed to really want us to enjoy the dining experience at their restaurant. It is not in an elegant building, but it is clean. If you are in the area and looking for excellent, authentic Mexican food with friendly service then this is the place.

Reviewed April 1, 2009

great foot we love tortas and the services, my family amd i visit this place and we really are going back because they make great tortas and we love the nachos with chioce of meat great place.......

1  Thank santos1185