“Fish Often Old and Smells OK for one day or less”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Fishwife

Fishwife
Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Aptos, California
“Fish Often Old and Smells OK for one day or less”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just not that great fish for a New Englander. Not fresh. Disappointed. Have tried several times. Expensive for value.

Visited February 2013

Lafayette, California
“First Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Visited Monterey this past weekend, and the Fishwife in Seaside is one restaurant where we must dine! The food never disappoints! Was crowded with patrons as always. LOVED the delicious fried oysters, big bowl of Clam Chowder soup, and special of the day: Shrimp Ravioli with Cajun Trout. So glad we decided to take a slice of their "Mocha Cheesecake" to go ~ it was divine!!!

1 Thank Travel-lady03
Eagan, Minnesota
“Nice hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

As tourists were were looking for something with seafood and chicken options. The fishwife was great as my seafood el fredo was great and loaded with shrimp and my wife's chicken sandwich was perfect.

Monterey, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistant Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I moved to Monterey 25 years ago. It was then that I first tried Fishwife on the recommendation of a friend. The fish is fresh, well prepared and some of the items on the menu have a south American influence with the salsas they use as well as the black beans and rice that accompany some dishes. The Seafood salad gives you a choice of the type of fish you want on top of a large salad, your choice how it to be prepared. The salad is large and makes for a healthy tasty meal. When I'm not watching the calories I love their Cat Fish sandwich. You can ordered grilled with seasonings or fried. I can't resist the fried. In 25 years and many, many visits I have only had less than satisfactory service twice, and on those visits the service was not terrible but just not up to par. The priced are reasonable thou I think the catfish sandwich should be dropped down to about $8.00 and I would be there every week. They have a second restaurant located in Pacific Grove/Asilmar that has similar or the same menu but a little fancier inside.

Lafayette, California
“We always come here more than once during our visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have always had wonderful meals and experiences here at the Fishwife in Seaside! The waitress was friendly and efficient- she recognized us immediately on our return visit for dinner!
Enjoyed the Cioppino on a Friday night and the delicious trout special atop ravioli on Saturday night! My husband loved the Boston Clam Chowder soup bowl, a Fisherman's bowl and the Fettucine Portofino. The host and cooks waved to us each time, also. Always can depend on having great food here!

• Visited February 2013