“RUDE owner, NO cleaning and BAD breakfast”
Review of Discovery Inn

Discovery Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Palm Springs, California
“RUDE owner, NO cleaning and BAD breakfast”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We arrived one day earlier than expected and went to the hotel to see if they had vacancies for one additional night (to the one we'd already booked online a few days before), but instead of giving good polite service to a customer who on top of everything was nice and wanting to stay an extra night, he yelled at me for not having called if we knew we were going to arrive earlier! I told him we had no cell with us (on a roadtrip in Calif but originally from Europe) and that we didn't even know we'd drive this far in one day. But I told him if he didn't have vacant rooms we could just go somewhere else. He didn't even answer, but kept on yelling at me and scolding me for not knowing the car's registration number by heart (it's a rental). After having been out the whole next day, we came back to a room with all windows open even though we had plenty of valuables in the room, plus some one had been in the room but everything was a mess and they hadn't even cleaned the room. (But they had taken our towels so we had none left) Poor breakfast and bad tasting coffee. EXTREMELY rude management who's treating their customers like manure! DONT STAY THERE!!!!! There are LOADS of other hotels with similar standard down the road - pick one of those instead!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sockerdricka08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
California, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The price was higher the expected, The room was smaller then promised, Manager atitude was horrible, nothing but coffee in breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Menasheya

Travelers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 29, 2010

clean comfortable rooms , great service, manager was very friendly and helpful.great price.recomand to any one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank taraman93955
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Much to my horror I saw roaches in the parking lot but thought it was just outside the rooms. No. When I got up in the morning I saw a huge roach going under the refridgerator. Not only this, but the water was so hard and the rooms are outdated and the carpets stink and feel cold and like they have dirt build up on them. I also saw pubic hair in the sheets.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dreinca2767
Oakley
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay here while spending a weekend in Monterey. Big mistake.
When we arrived, the front door to our room was wide open. I imagine it was to air the place out. The condition of the room was unlike anything i've ever seen. The wallpaper was old, dirty and peeling off. The lamps were broken, the bedding had burn holes in it, and the fabric on the chairs were filthy! The furniture looked as though they found it on the side of the freeway. There was a broken down refridgerator in the bathroom area, and the bathroom itself looked as though it had never been cleaned. I was afraid to even sit down on anything and I never unloaded my clothes from my suitcase.
The smell of the room was so horrific that we went to Walgreens across the street to buy some air freshener. Didn't help.
We tried to stick it out, but ended up leaving. It was just too disgusting. The owner was incredibly rude, and he and my husband ended up getting into an argument because we wanted our money back. We ended up having to sacrafice $50 for the two hours we stayed. We had to bribe the owner with money!! It was a big fiasco, and he was extremely rude.
I am not hard to please, and i've stayed at places where i've been a little more than grossed out. But this place, by far, takes the cake.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunprincess1521
Singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2009

3miles drive to monterey cannery row. rooms r rundown and old. bathroom are not clean. fridge is not cold at all. only good point that can salvage this place is that it is near safeway, walgreens and carl jr, burger king.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lab4games
london
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Nice clean motel. We were just passing through so $28 for the night was great value. Pick up a copy of room saver for great deals on motels, hotels. Breakfast is half a pastry. Looks pretty from the outside. Parking easy, free. Not much in walking distance except local shops, burger king and some restaurants, but this is not unusual for USA. Car is a must.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Sand Castle Inn
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Econo Lodge Bay Breeze
Econo Lodge Bay Breeze
#4 of 13 in Seaside

Been to Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!