“Bayonet.....AMAZING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayonet Black Horse Golf Course

Bayonet Black Horse Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Seaside
More attraction details
Owner description: A well-kept secret in the Monterey area, this golf course is long and technically challenging.
Modesto
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Bayonet.....AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

One of the best golf courses around. I played it when it was cu to US Open specs.....3 inch rough off the fairways and had a great time. I was so impressed by its beauty and the amazing holes of golf it has to offer. A very challenging but fair test of ones game!!! I consider myself about a 10 handicap and played with a 23 capper and he enjoyed the round as well as I....well almost!!! ;-)

Visited July 2014

Vacaville, California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have not played Bayonet or Blackhorse in over 20 years. I have heard so much about the courses and the improvements that were made. I had to go back and play them. All I can say is you must play these two course. They are in incredibly awesome shape. Sure you have some "fairway imperfections" but both courses are absolutely gorgeous. The course now is more "open" as lots of the lower branches on the trees were removed. The course entices you to break out the "big stick" and go for it. Both courses are pleasing to the eye. The way it is set up and the way it looks, gives you an inner calm after a shot and very rarely did I get upset even after a bad shot. The only thing I did not like was the pace of play on the Back 9 of Bayonet. I was a single and there were four foursomes ahead of me. I know I wasn't going anywhere if I played through so I took my time, hit several balls, went looking for balls and just enjoyed the view. I wanted to get done earlier because I had plans to make it a 54 hole kinda of day but only did 36 holes on this day.

Visited August 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
248 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“A Fantastic Slice of Golf History!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Bayonet is one of the very best golfing experiences in California. It is right at the top with many of the more famous cousins like Pebble Beach and Spyglass at a fraction of the price. I had the pleasure to play the Bayonet & Black Horse Golf Courses recently and it was an incredible experience! The weather was perfect, the courses in fantastic condition, the greens fast and true and the staff just wonderful. It just does not get any better than this! This is pure golf and plenty of it. Good as it gets, You have to do this if you are on the peninsula!

Visited May 2014
Wilmette, Illinois
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Courses are challenging and in great shape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

These courses are both challenging and in very good condition. There is some up and down so we took a cart. The rate was excellent on the course website. It was even cheaper than the Golf Now discounted price! We played both courses on consecutive days. The wind does become a factor, especially in the later afternoon and our tee time was delayed slightly in the morning with a fog bank, but both rounds were very enjoyable. The staff is friendly. The deluxe portable toilets were an issue for some one we were paired with, but they were clean except for one which was pretty gross. Both courses had good pace of play. These courses are a definite bargain compared to some of the others in the area.

Visited May 2014
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Add it to your trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Came from Wisconsin to escape the neverending winter and was not disappointed. 2 terrific courses for a bargain. Gave us a coupon for free round because of some aeration that was done. Used it right away for another afternoon round. 2 for 1! I'm about a 18 handicap but I thought the course was very playable. Only thing was, like others have said, didn't see a drink cart much.

Visited April 2014