“Add it to your trip”

Bayonet Black Horse Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Seaside
More attraction details
Owner description: A well-kept secret in the Monterey area, this golf course is long and technically challenging.
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Add it to your trip”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Came from Wisconsin to escape the neverending winter and was not disappointed. 2 terrific courses for a bargain. Gave us a coupon for free round because of some aeration that was done. Used it right away for another afternoon round. 2 for 1! I'm about a 18 handicap but I thought the course was very playable. Only thing was, like others have said, didn't see a drink cart much.

Visited April 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the other great courses on the Monterey Peninsula”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I made a day of tee time at Black House during a recent trip to Monterey and was very pleased that I did. I walked for the NCGA rate on a Sunday morning and thought it was one of the best values I have found in the area. It was a very physical walk, but well worth the climbs to get to the Bay views. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the course facility was good. The best part for me was course condition, I especially like the bent grass greens. Overall I found Black Horse a great value and will return soon. I recommend it highly for an alternative to the high prices rounds a little further south.

Visited April 2014
Hanover, Massachusetts
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Good value and a quality course.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Played here for second time

Both times have played Black Horse.

Course was in very good shape

Pace of play was right around two hours for front nine. Odd situation on 10. Group in front of us stopped for lunch. They came out in cut back in on 10 in front of us and messed up the pace. Member in group behind us call pro shop and marshal did speak with them and us. Bottom line nothing was done except they were told not to do it again. Did slow the pace down and we did wait a lot on the back but round was around 4 1/2. The marshal did tell us this had never happened before and he was sorry.

Still such a good value compared to other courses in the area. Range and practice area very nice too

Eat in clubhouse and food and service very good.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank parcapecod
Silverdale, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Reasonable (for Monterey golf courses) and challenging golf course”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Always play either of these golf courses when visiting Monterey. I like challenging golf courses and definitely enjoy both of these courses!

Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Solid value for the price”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

There are many (too many?) options to play golf in the Monterrey area. Sure, Pebble, etc. are fabulous and bucket list type experiences. But who can pay $450 round after round (or wants to?) . Located maybe 10 minutes north of Monterrey in Seaside, these 2 courses wander up and down a rolling hillside on the old Fort Ord property. Many of the holes have views of the bay and out to the Carmel peninsula. As many others have noted, the fescue greens are lightning fast but when we were there (late December 2013) were in immaculate condition. Although there are hills, both of these are eminently walkable (a big plus in my estimation). Our foursome of a 4, 8, 13, and 24 handicap walked both easily in just over 4 hours. Although challenging, the lack of deep rough or underbrush off the fairways kept the pace moving. At $64 midweek these were both a very good value and we'll be back.

Visited December 2013