“I think I'm in Mexico!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Salinas, California
“I think I'm in Mexico!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. Muy Bueno! This is a grocery store/meat market with a take out counter in the back. The casual seating area is surrounded by the produce section . I had the pork tacos $1.50 each. Two filled me up. They were very good and authentic. My husband had the regular burrito $5.49; it was big but also comes in a bigger size! Lots of food options on the menu and and an atmosphere that truly reminds me of Mexico. You know that soap smell that they use to clean everything in Mexico? Luckily, we smelled the soap smell just as we were finishing our lunch. There were also a few flies buzzing over our heads. Perfect. I'll be back for sure.

• Visited February 2013

Los Angeles, California
“I'll be baaaaack!”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Found this place on Yelp! My friend and I figured Mexican food in Seaside would be a whole lot more authentic than Mexican food in downtown Monterey, which it was. While we were waiting for our tacos, we took a quick tour around the market to see what else there was of interest. The deli section had shrimp ceviche that looked very tempting so we asked the young woman behind the counter if we could sample it. She gave us both a generous sample which proved to be as tasty and fresh as it looked. Don't expect any frills... this is a taqueria inside a market but it's clean and the atmosphere is definitely south of the border. Can't wait to go back and try more off the menu. According to Yelp it's often crowded but we were there around 8pm and it was practically empty.

• Visited December 2011