“BED BUGS!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Seaside B&B and Inns
California
“BED BUGS!!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

After the countless hours of researching for good deals for labor day weekend, I came across this motel, which I read that there were good reviews- and I had a good deal on the room for about $110/night (w/ AAA insurance rates). The room was average- but what I expected ... the good points about it was that we were away from other rooms; we had the room attached to the office, so it was remotely away from noise, etc. The room also had a microwave, cable, free wifi, and a refrigerator. The shower was clean as well. The staff was nice and the location was very close to monterey/cannery row.

The bad points: I found about 6 bed bugs! It was disgusting. AND around 5am, I was awakened by the sound of little claws running back and forth across the roof of our room.

Sadly to say, I would NOT recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank healthnuts82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, England
Reviewed March 25, 2009

This was a small motel but standards were high. Looked like they were renovating room by room but the room I was in had definitely had the work done on it and done very well too.

It was easy to find. Just outside of Monterey (couple of miles drive) so easy to go see the fabulous Aquarium in town. I also picked up a leaflet in the reception of the hotel for an fantastic Indian restaurant in Monterey - would thoroughly recommend that (Ambrosia India Restaurant).

Small car park but I presume there are enough spaces for the # of rooms.

Rooms was clean. Bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable. All in all, a decent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This is a motel, probably built in the 1940s. The only reason we stayed here was because it was the only place we could get that wasn't astronomically priced during the Pebble Beach concours d'elegance and the Laguna Seca vintage car race weekend nearby. Like all the other places, their prices double during this particular weekend, but it's still reasonable. It's in a nowheresville part of town, with the biggest World Market / Cost Plus I've ever seen next door, and various car dealers on the street. If you are hungry, there's a Panda Express around the corner! But it's not far to drive to Monterey for better food.

The Seaside Inn was clean, quiet, and comfortable, with a comfortable bed, and quite thick walls, thanks to the vintage of the place. This end of the big street seems to have little traffic, certainly at night. The air conditioning unit was new and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable (we took our own pillows), and there was a fridge, an ironing board, microwave, hairdryer, TV. The carpets were clean (new?) as was the bedcover. The bathroom was clean, and quite spacious.

I liked the painted brick walls and the painted beamed ceiling - again, newly done too, I think. We had Room 10, which is on the ground floor, away from the main road.

The owners are helpful, a young family. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but when I come across a place that is clearly trying hard and at least is quiet, clean, and comfortable, I feel it's worth mentioning. There are a lot of places that aren't that charge way more. So four stars for trying.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, comfortable
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank eurosweetie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Sand Castle Inn
#4 of 13 in Seaside
InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!