“Best Burger”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Good prices, great burgers, fun 50's atmosphere. Make your own was fun.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This little place rocks! Any kind of burger imaginable. With a variety of cheese and fries to pick from. If the burger isn't filling enough, order a shake too. Refills on pop or lemonade included. Three kinds of lemonade in big containers. If you like burgers, this is worth the trip!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a good, old-fashioned burger joint and we were not disappointed! Phat Burgers has a really laidback atmosphere and the food was so delicious! I'd recommend the bacon avocado burger with either the curly fries or onion rings. Sit outside so you can hear the ocean. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

There are a dozen places in Monterey that offer tasty burgers but Phat Burger differs due to its low key atmosphere and tasty daily specials. They have great curly fries and a burger bar for side items and sauces. I usually come home with an extra pickle! Their service is quick and friendly, and burgers and chicken sandwiches are quite good. They also offer pastrami burgers and other specialty sandwiches.

I gave this establishment three stars because I don't find their food to be generally spectacular and with me personally I find to hard to be blown away by a burger. Although this place is a few steps above fast food joints, I could name a few other places around Monterey that had more delectable burgers. I recommend this place if your craving a burger w/ milkshake on a weekday night or if you're too lazy to dress in appropriate attire (we're talking less than a shirt and jeans). It's convenient and pretty good.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Reasonable prices, good quality, fun decor and setting.