New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach

Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
Coronado, Calif. USA
“Great business hotel in a cool beach town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

For folks on here disappointed because they were expecting a beach resort experience, the very large Navy facility on one side and the Boeing facility on the other should give you a clue. They do alot of business with defense/aerospace people. It also happens to be in one of the nicest small beach towns left in Southern California. Short cab ride to Main street Seal Beach And Los Alamitos marina. Great restaurants and bars. Walt's Wharf, and Joe's Crab Shack. Four Irish pubs on Main street in old town. For couples: The jacuzzi suites are excellent!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our king suite was very nice! Clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I liked this hotel much better than the Hilton Anaheim that we just checked out of! Hot breakfast was served every morning and we were happy the coffee was served all day!

Room Tip: We liked the first level as it was close to coffee and smoking outside!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here twice in the last 4 weeks and both times, the experience was negative. Intentionally did not write a review after the first visit. Wanted to give them a second chance before I shared my experiences.

I'm a HH Diamond (million plus member). When I arrived the first time, I asked if I had water in my room. I was "lectured" by the young man at the desk that my HH choices included points, and NOT water, and property's are different, yada yada yada..... and therefore I'm not eligible for a free bottle of water. Really? The case on the counter that says "if you are diamond or gold" please select a free snack and beverage??? And, oh by the way, what does a whole sale bottle of water cost the hotel?? Are not my 100+++ nights per years at HH property's worth $1.29???

First trip, there was no frig in the room, as requested. Second trip, again asked for frig, it was there, but it was not in working order. And, in case you are wondering, when I asked for water on the 2nd trip, I was told I could purchase it from their store. Yes, I did buy the water and, the same plastic case offering FREE snacks and a beverage to diamond and gold members was still out. So much for truth in advertising : )

I do have to go back to the area for business and NO, you will not find me at that Hampton Inn ever again! I suggest a bit of training for the staff members, and enlighten them to what "guest services" means for everyone, not just to a million + points diamond member. Didn't really need the lecture on the ins and outs of the Hilton merit program.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Alps110
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience, and if you felt like you were "lectured" about your member’s benefits. That was certainly not our intention. We do our very best to deliver the Hilton Honors benefits, and if our guests are expecting something different than what their profile is set up for, we simply just want them to know that, and not leave them with the impression that we did not deliver what they thought they were supposed to have. As you have mentioned, it is not about such a minimal amount of $1.29. Hilton Honors set up the benefits for their members of different tiers, and at different Hilton properties, from the Waldorf Astoria Brands and ours, the Hampton Brands. We only follow the guidelines provided to us. Hilton Honors can assist you with changing your profile should you choose to pick the option of receiving the snacks instead of the points at Hampton Brands. I will also add the website that has the information about the Hilton Honors Members Benefits. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can address for you.
Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I would call this a typical Hampton Inn. It is a newer model so the furnishings are up to date. However I would mention that the carpets on the 3rd floor are showing heavy wear and heavy soiling in serveral traffic areas. Also, the suite chair in my room was uphostered in a lighter color fabric and was heavily soiled, spotted and stained--not a chair I would sit in it was that dirty. The hotel staff are very helpful, friendly and do an excellent job of supporting the guests. Breakfast was the typical good quality and selection Hampton breakfast. Good location for venturing out from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Found everything to be very good. We had a king suite, excellent, with fridge and microwave. Staff were very pleasant. Room clean everything we needed. Good breakfast that was included, buffet style, hot and cold food, including omlettes and potatoes.
No complaints, location not bad would have been nice to be closer to seal beach but only 5 to 10 minute drive to main street

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cableguy4642
Chino Hills
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel itself was nice and comfortable. Staff would not let us check in unitl 3PM even though an early check-in was requested. They rushed us out at noon the next day. We did not even stay a full 24 hours. I was there with my 4 sisters for a relaxing over night trip. After dinner, we went back to our room to enjoy hot tea and dessert. Around 11:30 PM we got a rude call from the front desk telling us to quite down and that we were "partying loud", and "disturbing other guests" This could not be further from the truth. We were laughing and enjoying a nice evening. We went to the pool during the day and the trash can was completely over flowing with trash. No one came by to empty it and it was still filled to the brim the next day. Also, dirty towels were strewn about the pool. Another complaint I have was there are NO refrigerators in the rooms and that the coffee pots are way too small!

Room Tip: rooms are very close to one another
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize we were not able to accommodate your early check-in request. We try our very best to accommodate requests, but our hotel was sold out the night before, and the day of your check-in and that is why we were not able to check you in early. That is also the same case with late check-out. I looked into your reservation, and it looks like we were able to at least extend your check-out to 12:30pm. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us, and when we get complaints, we investigate and look into it ourselves. I apologize if the wordings were offensive to you, and I will address it with the team, but again we only try to make all of our guests happy. Our coffee maker in the room is for a single cup use. I can understand how frustrating that could be if there were four of you in the room, but for future, we have our coffee station in the lobby that is available 24 hours. Our standard rooms, unfortunately does not have refrigerators, only our suites have refrigerators. You can request for one, and as long as we have it available, we will be more than happy to bring one up to the room. As far as the pool area, it will be addressed accordingly. Thank you again, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else you would like to discuss.
Sierra Vista, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice facility and friendly staff. Fitness room equipment could use an upgrade but I would stay again. The location is easy to find and very close to Seal Beach. The Subway shop across the parking lot is a plus for a quick meal/snack.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We will be upgrading our equipment in the future, but in the meantime, I am happy to hear to enjoyed your stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seal Beach
The Varden Hotel
The Varden Hotel
#1 of 57 in Long Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 854 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach? Share your experiences!