“Great family stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Came here a year ago with family. Was very impressed at the time. Decided to return this year for a weekend getaway. This stay was exactly the same as the last one...it was terrific. Extremely clean rooms, lobby, and breakfast area, friendly and professional staff, free parking right outside hotel, nice breakfast selections, and so quiet. We stayed for three nights and my husband and I were amazed at how quiet our room/floor was. Easy access to long beach, and we loved how you could walk outside and access food and coffee (Subway, Starbucks, and a small Japanese fast-food place)...very convenient.
Felt like a home away from home:) Would not hesitate to return again and again.

• Stayed: April 2013
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, and for coming back and staying with us again. We hope we can continue to serve you and your family and we would be more than happy to have you come back again and again!!!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I loved your hotel and staff and will stay at your property every time we need a place at Seal Beach. My daughter and her family actually stayed at the Hampton Garden Grove a few days during our trip to be closer to Disneyland. Although they were satisfied with the property/service at Garden Grove, when they checked back in to the Seal Beach property, they expressed that they did prefer the Seal Beach in comparison. Front Office Manager, Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance were always welcoming, helpful, and friendly. The rooms, business office, fitness center, and breakfast lounge were always in pristine order.

I was not familiar with the Seal Beach area and thought that there might be a restaurant or two nearby. We were thrilled that there were so many stores and restaurants in the area - Trader Joe's, Mimi's, In and Out Burger, Target, Ralph's, Domino's, Denny's, Japanese restaurant, CVS, Del Taco.

Room Tip: I usually avoid the elevator area and heard that rooms by Del Taco were noisy. Not the case. I had...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luluhi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing returned guests, and there is no better compliment than earning returned guests business! Thank you!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and affordable. Check in is not till 3P on the dot, so don't bother showing up early. If you do however they have a very comfortable lobby with a TV nice couches and seats. I chose to stay here because it was close to my grandparents who live in Leisure World and is only 2 miles from downtown Seal Beach. The bed was comfortable and room was very clean. You get about 40 channels on the TV in room and the Free HBO is a plus in my book. The Ayres is a little nicer (newer), but I've had to many bad experiences there to ever go back. If I need to stay in a hotel in this area again I will not hesitate to stop here. Lastly it is close to the 405, 605, 22 freeways, but beware Los Alamitos/Seal Beach Blvd. is under construction and you should avoid entering the 405 freeway that way if possible due to high traffic and 20-30 min waits.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank GWushington
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a great location to explore Southern California. We discovered the hotel because there was a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center and hotels near Disneyland were booked up. The Hampton Inn is within 20 minutes of Disneyland and is near the 405 freeway. Long Beach and the Queen Mary are within 15 minutes and the South Coast Plaza shopping center is within 15 minutes of the hotel. This assumes the freeways are not in grid lock as there are in the morning and afternoons.

The hotel is clean, quiet, and serves a complimentary breakfast. It is part of the Hilton chain of hotels. Parking is free and there is not a resort fee, unlike most of the hotels neat Disneyland.

The beach is within 10 minutes of the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors away from the elevator. Do not get a room facing the pool if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cavydad
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I checked into the hampton inn & suites seal beach for 2 nights. It was the beginning part of our trip before traveling up to big bear mountain for 4 nights.

We absolutely loved this hotel. The staff, especially Jessi at the front desk was so helpful and nice he really made our late night check in pleasant when we first arrived.

Jessi was very helpful because the first room my boyfriend and I were put in, the AC was not working, Jessi came up to our room in 2 seconds to fix the issue, once he saw there was nothing he could do he apologized then he switched our room in a matter of minutes and we really appreciated that.

The beds at the hampton inn are always comfortable, soft bedding, clean and comfy pillows. The room is always clean, fridge, microwave, plenty of towels and toiletries. PPV movies and good cable channels.

The hotel included breakfast was also very good. The waffles, steak and eggs, orange juice, coffee, fresh fruit, yogurts, english muffins, bagels etc. all fresh and yummy. The breakfast station was very clean and the woman working the station was on her A game being helpful and keeping everything in order and clean for the people eating.

I saw the hotel had a fitness room and pool. We did not use these facilities unfortunately but they looked very nice and well kept.

Checkout is at noon which I love, checking put is speedy and a breeze just like checking in was.

I will most certainly be back to the hampton inn & suites seal beach. Great service and great value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a decent hotel for a reasonable price. The rooms are basic but spacious and clean. The pillows could be firmer and I had some trouble getting the temperature just right, but that was not such a problem in February. The hotel is conveniently located, with a Starbucks and some restaurants next door and 5 minutes driving to the I405 and the PCH. Breakfast was so-so, but at this rate I could not expect much better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for a visit to Disneyland. About a 15 minute drive to Disneyland. Great breakfast, clean rooms and hotel. The staff were very helpful. Check in process was smooth and fast. Rooms were large and well cared for. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
The Queen Mary
The Queen Mary
#9 of 58 in Long Beach
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach? Share your experiences!