We stayed here for a few days between Christmas and New Year. This is a very clean Hampton Inn located by a little strip mall in what appeared to be an industrial area in Seal Beach. It was right next to a Boeing campus and what appeared t0 be a military secured area.
The breakfast is wonderful and offered a variety of items. The first day we were there, we had the traditional scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes choice. The next day they had a breakfast burrito bar. On both days they had a waffle stations and an assortment of pastries of muffins, bagels, toast, etc..
The rooms were nicely appointed. However, we did not have microwave and refrigerator.
We used this hotel as a base to do some sight seeing in the Long Beach and Redondo Beach area. There was a Denny's just across the lot, along with a Del Taco, a Japanese Sushi Grille fast food.
We paid $122/night which is quite high for the area. I could have gotten a Hilton Hotel in downtown Long Beach for $107. However, this hotel did get better reviews so I opted stay here. Overall, we were happy. The front desk man was not as friendly, he seemed hurried often.
They had cookies out and at one point, my little boy asked me if it was free, and this would have been a good opportunity for the man (younger guy) to offer it when I said out loud that I was not sure. Instead, he just looked at us and continued on with his paper work. He looked up when I decided to help myself and said nothing. I just feel that if you are in the business of hospitality, you could me more hospitable.
Overall, the hotel is clean, very clean in fact. The breakfast is great. The area is convenient but not very "touristy'. I would stay here again if I were on business but would probably opt for another hotel if I was after the beach feel. This area definitely did not have a beach feel like the Hampton Inn website describes for this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the 405 Freeway, this clean and comfortable hotel in Seal Beach offers home comforts and the little extras that make all the difference, all within minutes of the attractions of Seal Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach Hotel Seal Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Seal Beach
- Hampton Inn Seal Beach
- Seal Beach Hampton Inn