“Little Shack On The Beach”
Review of River's End

River's End
Ranked #27 of 92 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
California
“Little Shack On The Beach”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

From a distance it looks like something from an old small town tucked away on a small island...cute shack like. But what it has to offer is sweet ! Mom and Pop type. My first experience was wonderful, it was a cold morning and they gave me with a short blanket to wrap around my shoulders, how sweet! They also welcome dogs. That blew me away considering I am a big time animal lover. I brought my dog after an injury and then took him on the beach, he was so excited to be there unfortunately that was his only visit, he passed shortly after. I think about him each time I go there now. The food is wonderful, I usually have the fish tacos...yum, yum! There is a waitress by the middle name, Marie (hope its ok to mention her name) she always has a smile on her face and a hug for the those who welcome it. I drive about 40 miles for this sweet little shack on the beach. Been coming here now for about six years. A place of peace when I need a get away . After a full belly, I take a book and sit on beach to read or meditate. A wonderful way to start a day! Thanks for being there! I love this place so much that I am thinking of having our wedding here!

San Pedro, CA
“Good Location, crappy service”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My mom took my sister and I here for a birthday brunch thinking that the location was perfect. Well, the location is nice, it's right on the beach, but the service was incredibly slow and terrible. I guess they figure that because it's on the beach, people will come anyway so they don't focus on little things like food and service. We arrived before 12pm, at 1:30 we still hadn't eaten yet. I asked for a side of toast early for my daughter, which I had to go get from the bus girl who was sitting down enjoying a drink twenty minutes later. The soft drinks that we ordered were completely flat, my sister's omelet was disgusting and the rest of the food was just OK. I would never recommend this place to my friends or anyone else I liked. There are too many nice restaurants to go here again.

2 Thank ErinVaughn