“If you like loud 20 something's this is your place”
Review of Mahe

Mahe
Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seal Beach Blvd
Description: Welcome to Mahe Restaurant in Seal Beach. Our atmosphere is cool, casual and comfortable. Our amazing kitchen and sushi chefs create a most unique dining experience. Come in and see what we’re all about - we promise you won't be disappointed. Due to limited seating, the sushi bar is first come first served. We will do our best to seat you at your requested table as soon as one is available.
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Ok the sushi is good
If you want to talk to your true love
Or even see her it's so dark
Well maybe it's better that way
Service is slow and not friendly but maybe because we are out of their demographic

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Arrive early or late because this place is popular. For good reason too, they offer a dinner menu and a sushi menu so there is something for everyone. Freshest sushi and best cut of steak ive ever had.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Their menu is extensive and you can go the steak route but please put down your menu and order sushi! The Ono truly melts in your mouth! Order the Rain roll, Rainbow roll and you have to do Jose's Tuna! Great bands play on weekends..... my family's favorite restaurant!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was visiting my son and daughter-in-law and new granddaughter in Long Beach. All of us went out for dinner to Mahe. It was by far, the best sushi I ever had. We had scallop rolls, which I thought were whole scallops with an unbelievable sauce on top and filet mignon rolls that were also excellent. The menu items were very creative. The service was excellent as well. Our waitress was very friendly. My son and daughter-in-law frequent Mahe's often. I can't wait for my next visit to Long Beach.

Reviewed December 23, 2010

Visited the lounge in back first - dark and dingy but had Bob Marley tunes on. Bar whiskey was terrible. Very limited seating capacity. They seemed to be more interested in serving warm sake, a specialty here I gather.

We were seated in the restaurant and were assigned a know-it-all waiter who bordered on rude. Ambiance wasn't much better than the lounge. Food was OK but very expensive. I had a decent steak whereas my companions had seafood. Bottom line: go elsewhere.