“Best Grilled Artichoke!”
Review of Walt's Wharf

Walt's Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Walt's Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The have the most incredible grilled artichokes! Just about every dish we had was excellent...The service is very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Walt's Wharf

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stopped here for dinner on Mother's Day- was packed as you might expect. Still the staff was very helpful and got me a table quickly. The menu is huge and diverse with several "bargain" options and other entrees getting pretty expensive as with most good seafood places. I really appreciated being able to order a very good glass of buttery chardonnay for under $10. Had the caramelized Wild Alaskan King Salmon. Portions were good and all the food- soup, fish, veggie and potatoes- was truly excellent. I left a very happy camper and wish I spent more time in Seal Beach so I could find an excuse to go back. I'm trying to think up a good excuse as I'm writing this. Not really cheap but better then other seafood places I have eaten at that were much more expensive.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a somewhat '70s vintage restaurant with superb food. I would stay with simple preparation in order to enjoy the freshness of the fish. I had fish tacos which were delicious with the nicely grilled fish & its sides of black beans & rice were perfect. My husband's grilled ahi sandwich was very good, accompanied by wasabi sauce & aioli sauce. Service was very good. The ambience is a bit funky for an upscale place but wonderful in its own way; certainly not neglected in terms of cleanliness or necessities, just a big old-fashioned.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My sister, a Seal Beach resident, took us there for dinner, and it was amazing...for the adults and our 2 teenagers. Everything was fresh-so important when you are dining out!- and really good, service was friendly and I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I chose this place because of it's high marks on Trip Advisor. I wanted something good and seafood since we were by the sea. I went with my mom and husband. We started with the coconut shrimp which were pretty good. He had the ciopino with the Walt's salad, he liked it but he said he's had better. I had the fish and chips with the clam chowder, I'm always looking for the best fish and chips, this was not it but it was very good, I prefer more of a beer batter rather than cornmeal but the cod was cooked perfectly, the fries and slaw were just ok, no hushpuppies unfortunately. As for the clam chowder, I did taste a floury lump in it, so I guess it is not from a can. My mom had the trout and the salad, she loved loved loved the trout and the green beans that came with that. High marks from her. The service problems we experienced had to do with our server leaving to have dinner in the middle of our service. He was training someone new, brought us our drinks but brought us 2 out of 3 wrong drinks. We made it simple, 3 iced teas. He brought us 1 iced tea and 2 diet cokes, gross! Our replacement server explained that they sit a pitcher of diet coke up where the tea is and they probably mistook it. Who puts soda in a pitcher? Doesn't it go flat? Anyway, after a while our server did come back but he never refilled the 8 oz tea glasses which made eating there a very dry experience. We found they had a good after dinner drink list, they were out of 2 of the desserts, we chose a piece of cheesecake to take home to my dad, I asked him how it was and it said it was just "ok."