“Excellent Burger Chain”

Cuisines: American
Long Beach, California
“Excellent Burger Chain”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been to many islands but the one on Los Alamitos is my favorite. The restaurant layout is nice and flowing and they have great customer service. They are always extremely friendly and helpful. I love the food and usually order the China Coast salad, yaki tacos or the Hawaiian burger. The food comes out quick and hot. They have good Sunday deals for football at their bar area as well. And if it's your birthday they give you a huge desert for free. This is a very well run corporate chain that does it right. Good food, good atmosphere and friendly servers.

• Visited July 2013

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Love (and Miss) Islands!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Islands used to have locations in South Florida back in the early 90s and it was one of our favorite restaurants. By the end of the decade, all Florida locations closed and we were very disappointed. My family makes it a point to have several meals at Islands whenever we visit California! On our recent trip, we visited this location, as well as the one in Huntington Beach and Manhattan Beach. All were awesome. Our favorite menu items are the Hula Burger and Kona Pie. The food is consistently delicious and although the prices have risen quite a bit in recent years, you still get a lot of food for your money. In my opinion, the Hula is the best burger I've had anywhere.

• Visited July 2013
uk
“Staff wreck the dining experience....”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I don't know what it is, but I've been to 3 different Islands restaurants over the years, and it doesn't seem to matter which one I go to, the staff always seem quite b*tchy and phoney. Really hate this, and it wrecks the meal to be honest. Not a good atmosphere at all. Food is alright, I would recommend take away instead of dining in. It really is that bad. You even get looks off the host when you walk in, again just really awful staff. Thumbs down.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bwhiskey
Fairview, Tennessee
“Different menu options - a treat”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice atmosphere and good serving size. They have huge flat screen TVs where you can watch surfing/skateboarding and other daring sports.

Visited February 2013
Long Beach, California
“Giant burgers!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place has really good burgers. I had the Hula burger with swiss cheese, mushrooms and fried crispy onions. My wife had a turkey burger. The burgers are big and come with endless fries for about $10.95. The fries are fresh cut and the sweet potato fries are good as well. I'll have to come back and check out the rest of the menu.

Visited August 2012