“Great Stay”

Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel as it was close to my grandmother's place. We cannot say enough nice things about our experience at the Ayres. Everyone at the front desk was friendly, the complimentary breakfast in the morning was a perfect way to start the day, and the rooms were clean and spacious.
I unexpectingly became ill on our last day. Checkout is usually 12:00pm. My husband explained the situation and they were kind enough to extend our checkout until 3pm. The front desk saw my husband loading the bags to the car and asked how I was doing.
We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future. They have our business!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear turnthepaigep -

It was wonderful having the chance to welcome you and your family recently. Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. It is our number one priority to make sure our guests are comfortable, so it was a pleasure extending a late check-out to you so that you were able to recover somewhat. We are very appreciative of your recommendation and hope you will visit us again soon.

Safe travels,

Bill Dolan

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was the mother of the groom for a wedding at nearby Old Ranch Country Club. A block of rooms at the Ayres had been reserved for wedding guests. I made my reservation 1 1/2 months early and requested early check-in. It was a late Friday afternoon ceremony and I needed to be at the country club early for hair and makeup to make 2:30 p.m. picture-taking session. I meant to call hotel the day before to confirm early check-in but as it goes with weddings, it just slipped my mind. On my drive there, I was hoping there would be no problems checking in. To my great relief my early check-in process was friendly, quick and easy and I even made it to the venue early. The room and bathroom were both big and comfortable, not to mention clean and beautiful. The free buffet breakfast was exactly that! Eggs, potatoes, sausage, pancakes, cereal, etc. No continental breakfast here. I would definitely recommend a stay here and will do so myself if the opportunity ever arises again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have stayed here once before and we have to say how wonderful this boutique hotel is. They are attentive, rooms are large and clean, and the nice surprise was the assortment of healthy choices for the breakfast buffet; egg white omelettes to order; fruit bowls; instant oatmeal; fresh whole fruit, too, whole grain bread. We appreciate your attention to details and we will definitely stay at your place again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

One of our most delightful experiences. Ayres is at the top of their game in every way...
courteous, professional, accomodating and friendly in an old fashioned way... so missed these days.
We give you 5++ stars!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

First, you have an excellent staff. They were very attentative with our needs. The moment we enter we were welcome from the front desk personne, housekeeping, chefs and etc. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious. I could have stay in my room for the whole trip. I felt very welcome. I would stay at any Ayres Hotel in the future because this was one of the top of the line hotel. I was very impressed. I stayed in a hotel in Temecula "Roadway Inn" on (April 19th) and it was awful. I check in at 10:00 a.m. and check out the same night at 09:30 p.m. I wish more hotels could have your training and the elegance of the room. I would like to thank all of your staff members for an lovely stay. This is a five star rating hotel. Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sad that we stayed only one evening. The room was very large. The bathroom area was very spacious. This is is a very nice and comfortable place to stay. We asked for glass wine glasses and two people rushed to accommodate. Within minutes our request was handled.

1  Thank Marvin S
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We attended a wedding at Old Ranch and it was right across the street...very convenient! Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast offering was great. The front reception was nice and accommodating. We were able to check in early which was nice because we had traveled since 4am and it was nice to take a nap before the wedding. My only complaint was the server in the breakfast area. We decided to work one morning and he keep trying to get us to leave because he wanted to sweep. I said he was welcome to sweep while I was there but he wouldn't budge on getting us to move. I kindly said that I had too much paperwork and my computer to move so I wasn't going to move. He sat there and tapped incessantly in the table to irritate me and hemmed and hawed. They should lock the facility if they don't want guests there past a certain time or just wait and clean later.

1  Thank aepolka
Capri Laguna On The Beach
Capri Laguna On The Beach
#4 of 23 in Laguna Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!