“Best hotel in Orange County”

Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the only place I stay when I come to Orange County whether its business or pleasure. Top-notch (five star) hotel with a couteous and friendly staff and offers a superb hot breakfast, can't ask for anything more! Close proximity to the beach and attractions in Anahiem and Long Beach.

There are newer reviews for Ayres Hotel Seal Beach

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here for a couple nights during short trip to Anaheim. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very good. The only two complaints I have was the shower head pressure was really low as mentioned by one of the earlier review and the internet in my room on the third floor was very slow as well. There is a construction on the bridge existing to Freeway so it is a bit of inconvenience.
The reason we chose this hotel because of the reviews and we wanted to check out this hotel to take the kids back in January for the Disneyland trip for 10 dyas. For the same price we will be looking at different option now. I would give it a 3.5 if possible.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calvin T
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Calvin -

It was a pleasure welcoming you recently. Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased you found the guestroom clean and comfortable, I do apologize for the issue with the complimentary WIFI and the water pressure. I will have the Maintenance Team look into the pressure situation promptly to ensure against it in the future. As the WIFI, when a large number of guests attempt to access it simultaneously, sometimes the connection slows. However I understand why fast WIFI speed is essential and will look into this immediately. Thank you again for your review and please do reconsider staying with us in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Clean hotel with friendly staff. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've seen and the evening reception included hot wings, assorted cheeses, crackers, vegetable and dips, wine, beer and soda. No skimping here. The only problem was the work being done on the offramp which caused detours and sometimes almost impossible to get back to the hotel. But that wasn't the fault of the hotel. I would stay here again. I attended a meeting and recommended this hotel to many people and they all said the hotel was great and a good find.

Room Tip: The room with 2 queens have no couch, only a king room gets a couch. All non smoking rooms. Rooms aw...

Dear Lynnda -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It sounds as if you were able to enjoy our weekday Manager's Reception and all of its offerings! We are always thrilled to learn a guest has had such a comfortable stay. A guest recommendation is the highest honor, so we are also pleased you recommended us so highly and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Friendly staff, easy access and very clean rooms. Decor was
"tuscan"themed...a nice change from the typical chain store look. will definitely recommend it ...business or pleasure. I worried abt finding it in the dark ( it was 8pm by the time i got there), but it was conveniently located off hwy22. My husband who met me there took a different route off hwy405 and was as simple for him too. Breakfast was included and there was a nice patio outside . Pool may be a little small for travellers w/ family ...and it may be a little noisy outside since its close to hwys...but for our purpose it was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Jminghwa -

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you to our hotel recently. Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to have provided you with a significant value and a hotel stay "perfect" for your purposes. We hope you will visit us again very soon - for business or pleasure!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Currently staying at the Ayres Hotel, Seal Beach, California. I have to say that this is a fabulous base for a vacation, the hotel is modern, spotlessly clean and very quiet (despite being right beside a couple of freeways). The staff have all been polite and courteous at all times, I also like the fact that they are all dressed as I would expect proffesionals to dress, they all look smart in their uniforms, the meet and greet buffet was very welcome after a long and arduous drive from north LA, I would definitely stay here again if I were in southern LA,and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, in my opinion it is 5*

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for five days. Very comfortable with luxurious feel. Rooms large and comfortable with microwave and fridge. Couldnt fault the cleanliness. Staff friendly and very helpful. Complimentary drinks and nibbles Monday to Thursday evening. Quite a few nice restaurants within walking distance and can recommend the hair salon across the car park. Not the best location if you want the beach but good if you are travelling. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great little hotel. Loved the patio . You could bring wine for the evening or have breakfast in the morning.
The pool was small but very nice.My only complaint was the breakfast. We were diappointed. They were out of many items. Our son attends Long Beach State. This was easier to get around than Long Beach. Our grand daughter loves the beach. We ate at Islands resturant. Would not go back. I Thought it was expensive for hamburgers and fries type place.
There is also a Whole Foods in Seal Beach. Which was nice .
We have also stayed at the Hampton Inn. Liked Ayres the best except for the breakfast.
The staff was nice and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 58 in Long Beach
The Varden Hotel
The Varden Hotel
#1 of 58 in Long Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!