“Used to Love It”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Used to Love It”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Have stayed here multiple times. The last time we stayed, it was extremely dirty! My socks were black. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Kelly O -

Thank you very much for your candid review of Ayres Hotel Seal Beach. I was so disappointed to learn that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional.

Our hotel is known for its unique European-inspired decor as well as our friendly service and cleanliness. We have a rigorous cleaning process performed by a dedicated and hard working housekeeping team. I am truly sorry if the cleanliness of the hotel did not live up to your expectations or our very high standards. I will be reviewing your comments with the housekeeping team immediately to ensure against anything even remotely like what you describe in the future.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience or distress caused and I hope you will choose to be our guest again soon.

Bill Dolan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Thank you for opperating such a first class organization. The Ayers Hotel is one of the best I've ever experienced; from the pleasant (professional) staff at the front desk, to the beautiful room, and the fabulous breakfast, I felt as though I was visiting the home of a close friend. Thank you again.

Rodney Greene
San Diego

Room Tip: Simply stay at the Ayers Hotel, I've never had a bad experience.
1 Thank Rodney G
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The atmosphere at the Ayres Hotel at Seal Beach was very comfortable and pleasant, with courteous and helpful front desk staff. Our room was spacious, clean and contained everything we needed. Beds were very comfortable, Breakfast was much more than expected -- delicious, good variety, and very filling! The hotel's proximity to the highway made it easier for my family to get to our vacation sightseeing destinations. I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay at other Ayres locations in Southern California.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The staff and the rooms were all fabulous. Breakfast was great as indeed was happy hour. Highly recommended.
Phillip N. Alexander

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of the rooms and all of them are very good.
ft. lauderdale, florida
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Had to lug all my bags to my room on a valet cart. Full service?? I don't think so. Boutique Hotel is The W or Kinpton, not The Ayres.

• Stayed January 2012
Hants, UK
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed at the Ayres for 5 nights whilst on business in Seal Beach.
The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean with plenty of seating area and space for clothes etc. Also had good desk with wired & wireless internet for working at. Very comfortable bed.
The radio alarm with iPod doc is a nice touch.
The hotel is right at the junction of I-405, so there is a little road noise.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful in pointing out local restaurants etc, there are a couple (not cheap, but very good) directly opposite the hotel.
Overall a great friendly hotel in Seal Beach, I'll be using it again when in the area.

San Diego
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Traveling to a high school regatta, I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious, comfortable and inviting atmosphere at the Ayres. Rooms were elegantly decorated, plush with spacious rooms. The 2 queen beds were very comfortable with a partition of shutters between for needed privacy. The grounds were well manicured with a beautiful fountain ouside our room, and many places to sit, gather and enjoy the warm 75-80 degree weather in January. Breakfast was more than Continental and fit for our teen Kings; eggs, hashbrowns and sausages kept well stocked, along with coffee, sliced fruits and a bread-bagel-muffin-pastry station, as well.

Before arrival, I requested by email 2 beds. Bill dolan, manager, forwarded to Kelly Phillips, which communicated by email. After a long day of traffic and stressing out in the car I was instantly relieved upon arrival with an immediate check-in by the courteous, Abbey. The room more than exceeded my expectations and a great value... Will definitely stay there again next time we are in town. Thank you Abbey, Kelly and Bill.

Room Tip: Avoid pool area if you want peace and quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
The Varden Hotel
The Varden Hotel
#1 of 55 in Long Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,208 reviews
The Queen Mary
The Queen Mary
#9 of 55 in Long Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 5,840 reviews
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!