“Great everything!”

Maya Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 65 Restaurants in Scotts Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 28, 2012

It was our second time eating their food, but the first time in the restaurant. The food was DELICIOUS and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We all cleaned our plates, even my three year old liked it! Our group had the grilled chicken tacos, fajitas, shrimp diablo, carnitas, and the kids quesadilla. Everything was wonderful! We will come back the next time we are In town!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Been going here for at least 20 years, alway good food and service.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We've been going there for years,and we haven't been disappointed yet. The owners really know how to have a successful restaurant. There's a great variety of menu items, and it is family friendly. There is a full bar, plenty of space for large groups, and it is open for lunch and dinner.

1  Thank donna c
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I hadn't been to this place in years. Frankly, my previous visits left me unimpressed. I'd heard the ownership had changed, so I decided to give it another try.

We went on a busy Friday night. They seated us right away. It did take them a few minutes to bring chips, salsa and water (like between 5-10 minutes), and I was tempted to get up and walk away. But we were already there, and there aren't a lot of choices in this town. They finally brought the chips and salsa. I was pleasantly surprised. The salsa was full of exploding flavor, with a hint of heat following up behind. Even my son, who has grown up eating mexican food, loved it and sung its' praises.

They do have a decent kids meal menu, all for $4.95 including a scoop of ice cream for dessert. What's not to love? I had the beef soft tacos, which is a favorite of mine. And it was very good. The beans, perfect, and the rice, tasty without being bland or too salty.

The menu of margaritas is truly impressive. They include many choices and variations.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Maya is a pleasant and convenient local/family place. The cuisine is pretty middle-of-the-road CalMex (tasty enough, but you probably won't turn handsprings or call your mother). Service is friendly (though often a little slow). It's much bigger than it looks from outside. Full bar is a plus.