“A Good Choice for Lunch”
Review of Malone's Grille

Malone's Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on our way through town, as it was right on the main drag. Pleasantly surprised by the attentive and cheerful service, although the place was busy with local trade. The food came in large portions (burgers, some of the menu items weren't available on the day of our visit). Nothing outstanding but decent value, and we were promptly back on our way after a good meal.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just a good locals place for food and drink with outdoor dining... Easy to find and popular with local folks.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

W e have been at this place years ago and had a great meal, but not this time, just s so and cost a lot more. The service was good and the beer was cold.

BUD CARTER

1  Thank BUDCARTER
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stopped in last night to get a steak dinner. What a great little place. Tucked back off of the main boulevard, Scotts Valley Drive, surrounded by tall redwoods, Malone's has been around since 1983 and I can see why. They even infuse their own vodka with exotic edibles before making their famous Moscow Mule. Try the stuffed portobello mushroom for an appetizer. The bar with its real fireplace, is way cozy and the folks WAY friendly. Two sports TVs make it a local hot spot for baseball, football, basketball and the current Olympics. Courtney the mixologist made me feel right at home instantly, being a solo female. Then I went into the dining room for a sit down dinner to be met by more warm and friendly staff. There I tasted an amazing soup! Yes they actually make a homemade green chili soup! It rivals Duartes in Pescadero I must say. I highly recommend this place for warmth, friendliness, ambience, great food, easy prices, and awesome drinks. Oh I forgot to mention the Happy Hour which is (don't quote me) Mon-Fri until 7 pm. 1/2 price apps and Grey Goose martini for $8. Again, don't miss the Winter Drink Special, the Hot Buttered Rum drink which substitutes for dessert too! The owner makes her secret buttered rum spices recipe and I have not tasted better anywhere. I will be back soon for their Saturday night 9 pm Karaoke which I am sure draws many singing local yokels. LOL no disrespect.......

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The service was very good as it was happy hour and a lot of local folks were there. I enjoyed talking to all the people everyone was extremely friendly. Burger was GREAT beer cold, I got lucky because the night I was there they had a guy singing and he made the evening enjoyable.