“Taco Shop Rocks!”

Salsalito Taco Shop
Ranked #11 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Baja-style mexican with a California Twist! Enjoy outdoor casual dining right across from the water in beautiful Sausalito.
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

Love the steak and chicken tacos! Wow! And the guacamole is amazing! Little disappointed in the Sangria, but the food was wonderful.

Reviewed April 7, 2016

Came in for a quick beer and snack while on a bike ride. We had a few tacos and a couple beers. We tired a few different flavors - shrimp, pork, and carne asada - all were good. All the little things add up, add cheese or change to flour tortilla or a bowl of chips. Not exactly cheap - tacos, 2 beers, and chips (yes they charge for chips) - $50 before tip. It was very good - high quality food truck cuisine - but pricey for what it was. I'd go back again though.

Reviewed April 7, 2016

The decor is bright and humorous and the seating is tight. You will quite literally rub elbows with your fellow patrons. I was treated to a wonderful surprise at the Salsalito Taco Shop: a taco with subtle flavors. I'm used to big spicy loud tacos, and those are here too, but I found a simple taco of chopped steak and cilantro that was an unexpected treat! Try the Taco de Carne Asada!

Reviewed March 27, 2016

I agree it is slightly pricier than your local taqueria but I thought it was worth it to give it a shot. You can't really go wrong with tacos and beer but I believe they also had margaritas. I would say definitely try this place, especially if you're from out of the area.

Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

Loads of people visited Sausalito yesterday during the Easter holiday so the central restaurants were packed. We headed a short way out and found this place. It's quirky and colourful. Glad it caught our eye. The menu includes small and large plates, good choice of beers. Our food and everything else served around us was good and everyone was commenting how good the food was. The staff were efficient whilst being laid back, they had a great sense of humour. Highly recommended.