“Best overall dinner experience ever”
Review of San Drino

San Drino
Ranked #30 of 85 Restaurants in Sausalito
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

If I could give this restaurant 6 stars, I would do do it in a heartbeat. The best entertaining service ever. The freshest ingredients. The quaintest atmosphere. And the owners attending to your dining pleasure. They do it right and the food is fantastic!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 28, 2018

I know there is a ton of places to choose from in Sausalito! We eat at them all of the time... this was new! I would forgo every single 4 or 5-star restaurant, every restaurant with a view, and every "high end" restaurant to eat here every single day!!

The owners were truly the BEST!! They came out and spoke to us for quite some time. THIS PLACE, IS ITALY!!!

The ingredients are so fresh! Every single thing we had was remarkable... in fact, we live 2 hours a way and we actually drove up the following week just for pizza.

The service was a 10!
The food was a 10!
The people were a 10!
The wine was a 10!!!

Go now... DONT MISS IT... really, incredible!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem of a place when strolling around off the main strip of Sausalito. This is a casual, no-frills little diner run by an Italian couple. It screams authenticity the moment you step in the door. We ordered pizza (of course). Can’t remember what it was called but it had Buffalo mozzarella. I would challenge anyone to find me a wood oven pizza that was this tasty, and had such a delicious thin crust that is crispy and easy to slice yet holds together. The place was packed and has obviously built a reputation for itself. We liked being able to see the owners putting together their creations. The value was excellent. And thank you for the jazzy background tunes! Will definitely return!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018

After biking across the bridge from San Francisco to Sausalito, we were looking for a restaurant to replenish our bodies. We looked on TripAdvisor and came across San Drino. Thank goodness!! The place is a cute warm environment. The service is friendly and informative. But the food, is superb!! We had the Delicious spincach salad. It was refreshing and well seasoned. Then each had our own pizza. i had the Romeo, and added ricotta cheese to it. My husband had the Trentina, and he added garlic. Our 11 yr old girls had the margherita, and a margherita with sausage. We all finished every single slice of our pizzas!! They were perfectly baked and so tasty. Plus my husband and I shared a bottle of an amazing red blend wine. We couldn't have asked for a better restaurant to come to. Made our visit to Sausalito perfect! Can't wait to come back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Despite it being just over the bridge, I don't come to Sausalito often. But, I'm always on the search for good pizza, and have been pretty satisfied in SF, although the toppings in SF can stray from being Italian, which I love. But, this place nails the thin crust with toppings that stick to, what I consider authentically Italian. The edges were crispy, with some of the crust at the air pockets blackened. The center was still soft, without it being soggy at all. I couldn't find any faults with the pizza at all.

We also got the bruschetta of the day, with burrata and some purple sprouts. Several light flavors that blended quite well.

There are several other Italian places in the area, but, even if they're as good, which I doubt, this place is quiet, and away from the crowds, so I'll stick with this place.

Date of visit: April 2018